What is the F2A Visa?
The F2A Visa is part of the Family Immigration Visas provided by the US immigration service. F2A means second preference, and it relates to spouses and children of lawful permanent residents.
We can confirm that the Family Immigration category splits between Immediate Relative and Family Preference. The F2A belongs to the second one.
iVisa.com can provide the most accurate details about the F2A Visa for Spouses and Children | Family Preference Visa.
Who can get the F2A Visa?
The F2A Visa or second preference of the Family Immigration Visas is available for spouses and children of lawful permanent residents. In this case, children must be unmarried and under 21 years of age.
A lawful permanent resident holds a green card, which means this person is living and working legally in the United States.
How much does it cost to apply for the F2A Visa?
You need to pay the fee for the application process, which costs USD 325. Also, you will need to add a USD 120 fee for the Affidavit of Support, an essential document during the process.
Remember that you may have other expenses related to additional documentation, medical exams, interview logistics, among others.
Let the iVisa.com team explain all about the F2A Visa for Spouses and Children | Family Preference Visa.
How long does it take to process my F2A Visa?
US immigration doesn’t provide an exact time for processing most immigration visas, as it could take several weeks or even months. Between every step, the organizations involved to approve your application could take longer than expected. Therefore, we recommend starting as soon as you have all the required documents.
Remember that you need to attend an interview as part of the process, and scheduling it could take a long time.
Keep checking more about the F2A Visa for Spouses and Children | Family Preference Visa.
Can I apply for a F2A Visa online?
There is a chance to do part of the process online for the F2A Visa. However, you will have to do some processes in person. For example, the interview at the US embassy or consulate must be attended in person.
Don’t worry! Because iVisa.com is ready to give you all the details about the processes available digitally!
How do I submit my F2A Visa?
- The petitioner needs to fill out Form I-130 and wait for approval from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Then your case will go to the National Visa Center (NVC), and they will reach out to you for more details about the next steps.
- Pay for the procedure fees and complete Form I-864 or Affidavit of Support. The form states the necessary financial support of the applicants.
- Continue with the Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration or Form DS-260. Also, you need to submit the requested civil documents.
- Schedule and attend the interview. Before this, you need to go through some medical exams according to the instructions of US immigration.
- Receive an answer about your F2A Visa approval.
Submitting the F2A Visa for Spouses and Children | Family Preference Visa is simple!
- Valid passport. Your passport must have a validity of 6 months before you enter the United States.
- Form I-130.
- Affidavit of Support. It shows that the sponsor has enough funds to support the spouse and children coming under the F2A Visa.
- Form DS-260.
- Two photographs. Check the photo requirements for this matter.
- Civil documents. Marriage certificates, birth certificates, and other documentation that could support your case.
- Medical exams.
Continue checking more details about the F2A Visa for Spouses and Children | Family Preference Visa. This is just the beginning of your Green Card process!
Tips for filling out the F2A Visa forms
- Use black ink. If you decide to do the process physically, use black ink to complete the forms. Still, check the possibilities to use the US immigration online platform or iVisa.com for this part.
- Double-check your information before submitting the application and correct any mistakes, in case you find them.
- Translate the non-English documents to English. Documents in foreign languages won’t be accepted.
Keep reading about the F2A Visa for Spouses and Children | Family Preference Visa.
How does applying with iVisa.com work?
It’s so simple to apply with iVisa.com as we have it all figured out!
- Digital forms with easy wording. Find simple applications without technical language, usually used by US immigration authorities.
- Experts checking your documents. We have experts ready to check your documents before they arrive at the official procedure. We know when to confirm everything is correct.
- 100% government complaint photos. Do you need a picture? iVisa.com Photo Service is your perfect partner as we know all about photo requirements.
- Advice throughout your journey. We will provide the necessary guidance you need for your process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who must attend the interview at the US embassy?
Once you arrive at the interview stage, you need to attend alongside your spouse and any qualified children. Check the Appointment Letter you will receive from the National Visa Center to have the assurance of who is attending the interview.
In case you miss your interview, connect with the US embassy or consulate as soon as possible. If you don’t contact them for over a year after receiving the Appointment Letter, your case will be closed.
We know all about the F2A Visa for Spouses and Children | Family Preference Visa.
What do I need to bring to the interview?
- Appointment Letter.
- Passport of each applicant.
- Two photos according to the photo requirements.
- DS-160 Confirmation page
- Supporting documents. The ones you uploaded to the system.
During the interview, the consular officer could request to keep some copies of your documents, but you will take the originals.
Let’s learn more about the F2A Visa for Spouses and Children | Family Preference Visa.
Can I trust iVisa.com?
100%! We have been helping entire families to start the American dream. We know it’s already difficult to go through a visa process with the US immigration services. Therefore, iVisa.com is the solution you need.
I have some doubts. Who can I contact?
Don’t hesitate to connect with our support agents, who are available day and night. We can solve your doubts about the F2A Visa for Spouses and Children | Family Preference Visa.