iVisa | Updated on Jul 07, 2022

Please note that as of June 2022 the CDC no longer requires travelers to present a negative COVID-19 test or documentation of recovery from COVID pre arrival to the US

Organizing travel documents can be stressful, especially if you’re planning to travel to the United States and you have a Chinese passport. As you know, it’s necessary that, in addition to the passport and the visa, you also apply for the EVUS, and verify that everything is good to receive its approval. For your convenience,with the steps you’ll read below, it’s possible to get the status check without having to leave home.

Fill me in

In this article, you’ll also read what specific requirements you need to the EVUS enrollment and you’ll also be able to check the prices, processing times, and even the steps in the process.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is EVUS for Chinese citizens?

The Electronic Visa Update System, better known as EVUS, is a document that functions as a travel authorization for Chinese citizens. This document is necessary aside from the Visitor Visa and the passport.

How can I verify if I’m eligible for EVUS?

If you want to verify that you can apply for the EVUS enrollment, then we recommend you to answer the following:

  • You are a Chinese citizen.
  • You have a valid Chinese passport at this moment.
  • You are traveling to the U.S. for business or pleasure.
  • You have to renew your current EVUS.

If your answer is “yes” to all of these, then you’re ready to apply for the EVUS.

What are the documents required to apply?

The EVUS enroll isn’t hard per se, so you don’t have to meet a lot of documents. In fact, if you apply with iVisa.com, you’ll need a few things and you’ll find an easier process. If you have to renew your EVUS because it’s expired, then you’ll have to collect the same documents as if you were applying for the first time. Here’s the following list of documents:

  • A valid Chinese passport.
  • A scanned copy of your passport.
  • A 10-year U.S. visa. This visa must be class B1, B2, or B1/B2.
  • A valid email address where you’ll get your document.
  • A payment method. You can pay with a credit/debit card or even Paypal.
  • You have to provide your information.

What are the processing times and prices?

You have two options available to enroll with EVUS. One of these is the Official EVUS Enrollment, which is free, but you’ll have to be cautious with the entire process and you’ll have to wait a period that works according to their vacancy. The second option is to apply with iVisa.com. With this alternative, you’ll get your EVUS quickly and easier because you only have to answer a few questions in the EVUS form.

As you can guess, if you apply with iVisa.com, you also have to pay for the service, but it’s not as expensive as you think. iVisa.com has three great options for you according to your needs:

  • Standard Processing Time: 7 days - you’ll pay USD $26.49.
  • Rush Processing Time: 5 days - it’ll cost you USD $46.49.
  • Super Rush Processing Time: 3 days - it’s the fastest option, so the price will be USD $74.99.

How can I apply for the EVUS?

If you apply for the EVUS enrollment with the US Official Website of the Department of Homeland Security, you won’t have to pay anything, but the process can be tricky, especially because it doesn’t include official translations.

Take note that if you decide to apply with iVisa.com, you can apply or renew for your EVUS in just 20 minutes with a reliable method that works as a digital friend. If you have any problems, you can contact iVisa.com’s support service to get in touch with a representative or you can simply translate the instructions to your official language.

These are the steps:

1.First, you must fill in the online form with your data. Besides, you have to select your procedure time too.

2.Second, verify that the information you gave in step one is ok. Also, pay for iVisa.com’s service using a credit/debit card or your Paypal account.

3.Third, you have to attach the documents mentioned at the beginning and then you have to submit the online form.

Once you finish the 3-step method designed by iVisa.com, you will only need to wait for your EVUS according to the processing speed you selected.

Where can I find the EVUS status check?

If you apply with the official website, you have to be patient and you have to constantly check your e-mail to receive the status of your EVUS. You can also follow the instructions according to the video you can find in the U.S. Government site.

On the contrary, if you apply with iVisa.com, you receive the EVUS status check only by e-mail and always as fast as possible.

What is the difference between the U.S. official Visitor Visa and the EVUS?

The most notorious difference is that the EVUS enrollment isn’t the same as the Visa because it doesn’t have the same legal requirements as the U.S. Visitor Visa. That’s why, if you’re Chinese, you must get both the 10-year valid visa and also the EVUS.

Do Hong Kong citizens need to apply for EVUS?

The EVUS is necessary only for the citizens with valid passports from the People’s Republic of China (PRC). If you have a valid passport from the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR), then you don’t need to apply for the EVUS enrollment.

Just remember that if you’re living in Hong Kong with a PRC passport, you still need to enroll with EVUS. This information remains the same if you have to renew the document.

Where can I read more information about the EVUS status check?

Are there other questions or doubts related to the EVUS enrollment? If that’s your case, then don’t stress about it, we’re ready to assist you. You can contact us via chat, or you can read more information on iVisa.com’s website.

Take advantage of this opportunity that iVisa.com provides by applying for your EVUS. Your adventure may be closer than ever.

Was this page helpful?

Editor's Pick