We are improving our B1/B2 application process to make sure it is up to date with current US visa policy. We will make this product available again soon. In the mean time, below you will find useful information to keep in mind for your US visa application.
A Business Visa for the USA is also called a type B1 visa, and it issued for travelers who plan a business trip to the USA. While you cannot obtain the document itself online, you can fill in the form online, and iVisa will soon be able to help you with the application process. If you want to learn how to get a Business visa for the USA (B1), read the information below.
What are the requirements
The first requirement you need to worry about is eligibility. You must qualify for a US Business visa. With that being said, you are eligible for the document if you are neither visa-exempt or in the Visa Waiver Program, and you travel to the US for the following purposes:
- You want to negotiate a contract with a US company
- Participate in meetings with US business associates
- You wish to settle an estate
- You want to participate or attend conferences related to education, your profession, or your business
If it is decided that you do qualify for the US Business visa, the next thing you have to do is to fill in the online application form. For that, you will need the following:
- Passport – all travelers who want to apply for a B1 visa is required to have a valid passport that maintains its status for at least 6 months from the date of departure from the US.
- Photo – you need to upload a photograph of yourself during the online application process. It has to be as recent as possible and follow all the other photo guidelines.
- E-mail address – once you submit the application, we will send you the confirmation page via e-mail. You will have to print it out before you go to your interview.
- Means of payment – you will have to pay the fee for the B1 visa. In some cases, that is payable after the application form is completed but before the interview. It depends on nationality. Of course, service fees apply. iVisa will accept credit or debit cards, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat will also be considered valid methods of payment.
When you check everything off of the list above, you are ready to fill in the form. If you need help, iVisa’s customer support will be reachable 24/7 and free of charge.
The online application will consist of three steps. The first one will ask for your personal information, arrival and departure dates, and passport info. This is the moment when you must select a processing time for your application. Remember that the faster you want the processing to go, the more you have to pay. We do not have the fees for you at the moment but check back with us in a little while.
The second step will ask you to make the payment and revise your application. You want your form to lack any mistakes that can invalidate your confirmation page. The last step will require you to upload the supporting documents. When you are done, hit the submit button, and iVisa will send you the confirmation page in the timeframe of your choosing.
After you cross the application off your list, remember that you still need to attend an interview. After you receive the application form confirmation, you need to schedule a meeting with a consular officer at the nearest US embassy. You need to prepare a folder with required documents for that as well, but we recommend that you call the embassy itself for that information. It is the most reliable source of information.
We hope that we have been informative about the process of how to get a Business visa for the USA (B1). For more questions, feel free to contact our customer support service.