Traveling to the United States requires some kind of document most of the times. The only exception is made for people who come from visa-exempt countries and territories, but since there are only 5 of those, chances that you need a visa are pretty high. However, the US has a Visa Waiver Program, and there are 38 countries whose citizens can travel under it. Nevertheless, they need an ESTA if they travel by air or by sea.
To find out if you are in that category of travelers, instead of reading the visa policy of the United States, you can use iVisa.com Visa Checker. All you must do is access the feature, choose your nationality from the drag-down menu on the left, and select the United States in the menu on the right. If you qualify for a US ESTA, you will be redirected to a page from where you can apply.
The American ESTA application process is straightforward. First, you need to make sure that you meet all the requirements. Eligibility should be the first one on your list, but if you meet that requirement and you wish to move on and apply, you will need the following:
- Passport – you must hold a valid electronic passport with a digital chip that contains your bio-metric info. At the same time, the passport needs to be valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in the United States.
- E-mail address – the US ESTA arrives via e-mail, which is why you must have a valid e-mail address to which you have access. Once iVisa.com sends you the ESTA, do not forget to print out at least one physical copy of the document.
- Means of payment – the payment must be made during the online application process, which is why you must have a method of online payment. iVisa.com accepts credit and debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat; whichever you find most convenient.
Once all of the above are at hand, there is one last thing left to do, and that is to fill in the application form. That is not challenging either. iVisa.com created a short and simple form so that you do not spend more than 20 minutes completing it. Plus, if you have questions or need help, you can contact iVisa.com support service. It is available non-stop and is free of charge.
You must go through three steps. The first one asks for your general information such as name, address, date of birth, e-mail, and so on. Passport info and travel details are required as well. Moreover, this step also asks you to select a processing time option, something that affects the cost of your US ESTA. You can choose from three available options:
- Standard processing time – This is the slowest option. Your application is processed within 2 days from submission, and you will be charged just $29.
- Rush processing time – if you are looking to get your US ESTA sooner than 48 hours, the Rush option guarantees that you have your document in 12 hours. The cost, this time, is $59.
- Super Rush processing time – since this is the fastest option you have at hand, it is the most expensive as well. You will be charged $79, but you can have your ESTA in as little as 6 hours.
Step number two asks you to make the payment and revise the previous one. It is essential that your form does not contain errors of any kind. Otherwise, your ESTA is invalid, and you need to apply for a new one.
Lastly, you need to upload the documents that support your application. Once this step is done, you can hit the submit button. That is the moment when your effort ends. iVisa.com takes care of the rest.
As you can see, the American ESTA application process could not be more straightforward. You can apply from home, your effort is minimal, and you get your ESTA fast. The document is valid for 2 years since issue, you can use it for multiple entries, and you can stay in the United States for up to 90 days per visit.