Please note that as of June 2022 the CDC no longer requires travelers to present a negative COVID-19 test or documentation of recovery from COVID pre arrival to the US
We are improving our B1/B2 application process to make sure it is up to date with current US visa policy. We will make this product available again soon. In the mean time, below you will find useful information to keep in mind for your US visa application.
Traveling to the United States for either business or tourism purposes means that you most likely need a visa. Depending on the precise purpose of your visit, you may seek a B1 or a B2 US visa. However, in most cases, applicants will obtain a combination of the two. If you are looking to apply for a US B1/B2 visa, we have the information you need. Read the answers to the most frequently asked questions you find below to learn more.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can anyone get a multiple-entry US visa (B1/B2)?
Not necessarily. There are nationalities whose visas can be refused, or their visa issuance restricted. At the same time, keep in mind that the citizens of the countries that are in the Visa Waiver Program do not even need a multiple-entry US visa (B1/B2). All they need is an ESTA. So, you need to first check your eligibility before you start planning your trip to the US.
Can I get the multiple-entry US visa (B1/B2) online?
Unfortunately, no. However, the confirmation page you need for your interview at the nearest embassy can be obtained online through government websites and visa services.
What do I need to get the confirmation page for a US B1/B2 visa?
When you apply online for the confirmation page, you will need a few documents and information. They are as follows:
- Passport – make sure it is valid for at least another 6 months from the date of your intended departure from the US.
- Digital photo – it must be taken recently and has to meet all the guidelines for a passport photo.
- Travel itinerary – only if you have made the proper arrangements for your stay in the US.
- Additional information – it depends on the precise purpose of your visit.
- E-mail address- your confirmation page will arrive via e-mail in PDF format.
- Means of payment – you can use credit or debit cards, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also accepted.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
It depends on you. iVisa gives you three options when it comes to processing time so that you can choose the one that is best for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 24 hours
- Rush processing – your confirmation page is ready within 8 hours
- Super Rush processing – it only takes 2 hours for your application to be processed
How much do I have to pay for my confirmation page?
Again, it depends on you. The processing time you choose for your application will determine how much you are charged for your confirmation page. The fees for each option are:
- Standard processing – USD 54.99
- Rush processing – USD 108.99
- Super Rush processing – USD 162.99
What do I do after I receive my confirmation page?
Once you have your confirmation page, you can schedule your interview. iVisa can help with that as well. We will even send you some information that will help you get ready for your interview.
How long is the multiple-entry US visa (B1/B2) valid for?
It depends on your nationality. It can vary from 1 month to 10 years.
How much time can I stay in the US?
When you hold a multiple entry US visa (B1/B2), you can stay in the US for up to 90 days Per Entry. However, your duration of stay is determined by the officer that conducts your interview.