NOTE - If you are a non U.S. citizen and have recently been in any of the following countries you are not allowed to visit the USA right now; South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Lesotho, Eswatini, Mozambique and Malawi.
Now that international travel is starting to open up a bit more, you might be itching to find out how citizens of Canada can enter the United States during Coronavirus. iVisa.com have put together this informative guide for Canadian readers.
Can you tell me how citizens of Canada can enter the United States during Coronavirus?
If you’re not sure exactly how citizens of Canada can enter the United States during Coronavirus then read through the key points:
- Canadians must apply for an obligatory Health Attestation and also a State Health Declaration, depending on their destination state. Travelers to Alaska, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Colorado, New Jersey and Rhode Island will need both. iVisa.com can take care of it all for you.
- At least 72 hours before your flight you should have a Covid test. You will be expected to show negative results to airline staff before boarding.
- On arrival, proceed directly to your accommodation and self-isolate there for 10 days. It’s recommended to take another covid test on day 3 to make sure you haven’t been infected.
That’s how citizens of Canada can enter the United States during Coronavirus.
What’s the benefit of applying in advance?
If you delay your Health Declaration application, you run the risk of not having it on time. Save the stress and apply in advance.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to start the Health Declaration process?
Applying for a Health Declaration through the iVisa.com website is undoubtedly easier than any other method. For that reason, you need:
- Your passport- which should have an expiry date at least 6 months away.
- A debit card, credit card or Paypal to pay our reasonable processing fee.
- An email address so that you can receive the Health Declaration.
Do I need a COVID vaccine or vaccination certificate to enter the United States?
Yes, the United States has been taking steps to restore travel within its borders and now all non-citizen air travelers aged 18 and over traveling to the United States need to display their a COVID vaccination certificate. Accepted vaccines are Moderna, Johnson and Johnson, Pfizer-BioNTech, Oxford-AstraZeneca/Covishield, Sinopharm, and Sinovac. The last dose must have been received a full 14 days before traveling.
Will I have to quarantine upon arrival in the US?
- Quarantine requirements: There are no mandatory quarantine requirements, however 7-10 day self-isolation is recommended.
- Check individual states for local quarantine requirements.
How long does the Health Declaration process take with iVisa.com?
Our services are valuable for travellers with an urgent need to take a flight, so we offer three different options to get your Health Declaration when you need it:
- Standard The average processing time and lowest cost. USD 26.00 - 24 hours.
- Rush Faster processing when you pay a bit more. USD 45.50 - 8 hours.
- Super Rush The quickest processing option for urgent cases. USD 78.00 - 4 hours.
What are the steps involved in the iVisa.com Health Declaration application?
Readers wondering how citizens of Canada can enter the United States during Coronavirus will be surprised to know how easy it is:
- Complete the relevant application at iVisa.com.
- Look over your responses to make sure they’re all correct and then select the processing speed that works best.
- Pay the processing charges with a card or Paypal. Sit back and wait for your document to arrive- it couldn’t be any easier.
Will I need an ESTA?
A US ESTA is a key document in how citizens of Canada can enter the United States during Coronavirus. Of course, you can also apply for it through iVisa.com so you know you’re in the right place!
Can I trust the services provided by iVisa.com?
Our team consists of visa experts with years of experience processing travel documentation. Confidentiality is extremely important to us, so your personal information will never end up in the wrong hands. Read our reviews to confirm that you can trust us with your next visa, passport renewal or Health Declaration.
Can you give me more details about how citizens of Canada can enter the United States during Coronavirus?
To chat to a colleague about how citizens of Canada can enter the United States during Coronavirus, simple visit the iVisa.com where you can also find our email address and plenty of travel resources to answer any questions you might think of.
Planning a trip to the West Coast of the United States can be challenging. It’s nothing to do with the transport links or safety issues- rather that there’s simply so much to do that you might find it hard to decide where to begin. We recommend starting as close to San Diego as possible. Its relaxed atmosphere is partly to do with the amount of people who retire here- which is easy to understand when you feel the balmy weather and visit the beach. Whale watching is very popular, and tour operators regularly offer free tickets to come back another day if you don’t have a successful sighting- mainly because the whales are so easy to glimpse. The city’s location is close enough to the Mexican border to facilitate a coach trip over to Tijuana, so if covid border restrictions permit it, we recommend that you see some of this region’s Latino influences in person and enjoy a mariachi- fueled lobster meal on the Baja California coastline. Once you’ve got a feel for tex-mex flavours, you can pick up a fish taco from one of the many food trucks that park up on the El Prado walkway every Friday in Balboa Park in San Diego.