What is the P Visa?
The P Visa is part of the Temporary Visas provided by the US Government in order for you to work temporarily in the United States. As the name states, the P Visa is for artists, athletes, and entertainers. For this case, your prospective employer must file a petition first with the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). This step is mandatory for a work visa.
We can tell you more about the P Visa | Artist, Athletes and Entertainers Visa.
Who can apply for the P Visa?
The P Visa has three different categories that we will detail next:
- P1: Individual or Team Athlete or Member of an Entertainment Group. Anybody under this group will perform at a specific competition. The person must have international recognition.
- P2: Artist or Entertainer. This includes a performance under an exchange program between the US and another country.
- P3: Artist or Entertainer. For anybody who will perform, teach or coach a program that is considered culturally unique or a traditional performance.
For all of these cases, you can apply for a P Visa | Artist, Athletes and Entertainers Visa.
All about the P Visa | Artist, Athletes and Entertainers Visa
How much does it cost to apply for the P Visa?
The US immigration service has a USD 190 fee for processing your application. Take into consideration other costs associated with your interview, paperwork, among others.
Explore more about the P Visa | Artist, Athletes and Entertainers Visa.
How long does it take to process my P Visa?
It will depend on the US embassy or consulate in your country, as you will need to schedule an interview. Some embassies handle lots of applications, which means that an interview could take place in months. Besides, if you make any mistakes in your application, the process could take longer in order to correct those errors.
Can I apply for P Visa online?
You can do part of the procedure online, but you still need to attend your interview in person. Remember that the US embassy or consulate must verify your identity and even take your fingertips during the procedure.
iVisa.com can help you with all the information about the P Visa | Artist, Athletes and Entertainers Visa.
How do I submit my P Visa?
- Go to the USCIS website and file a petition with Form I-129. The government entity must approve the petition to continue.
- Complete Form DS-160 and include the photo according to the photo requirements provided by the US government.
- Attend your interview at the US embassy or consulate in your region or country.
- Receive the P Visa in your passport and enter the United States.
- Valid passport. Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after you finish your trip to the United States.
- Form I-129. Complete it and send it to USCIS.
- Form DS-160. Print the confirmation page for your interview.
- Photo. Attach your picture to the previous form.
- Application fee payment receipt.
- Receipt number. This number is for the USCIS procedure.
Continue checking more about the P Visa | Artist, Athletes and Entertainers Visa.
Tips for filling out the P Visa forms
- Use black ink. The US immigration service recommends using black ink to complete your forms. Whenever possible, fill out the application through the online platforms and print the forms afterward.
- Check your details before submitting the application. If you make any mistakes, your process may take a longer time.
- Any document in a foreign language must be translated.
We can explain all the details about the P Visa | Artist, Athletes and Entertainers Visa.
How does applying with iVisa.com work?
iVisa.com provides a simple process and the following benefits:
- Online forms with easy language. We have taken the complicated procedures and transformed them into simple applications.
- Experts checking your documents. We promise error-free applications, so they will move smoothly during the official procedure.
- 100% government complaint photos. In case you need a photo for your application, we have the right service for you. All in one place, your picture, and your application,
- Advice along the way. You won’t be alone with us. We will accompany you in case you have any doubts.
Frequently Asked Questions
How is the interview at the US embassy or consulate?
For any visa process within the US government, the interview is one of the most relevant stages. The purpose of the interview is to confirm that all your details in the application comply with the immigration guidelines. Also, you may be requested to confirm your identity by providing your fingertips.
Bring all the documents required by the US embassy as the consular officer will request them. In case you miss any documents, your process will take a longer period. For the P Visa | Artist, Athletes and Entertainers Visa, it should be clear the purpose of your visit. Make sure to have all the contracts and details for your time in the United States.
How do I enter the United States with my visa?
Once your P Visa is approved, it will be attached to your passport. Upon arrival, display your visa to immigration officers. Border control will verify your identity and the authenticity of your visa before approving your entry. US authorities at the border could deny your entry on any grounds. Therefore, we recommend carrying all your documentation and answering any questions they may have about the purpose of your trip.
Check more about the P Visa | Artist, Athletes and Entertainers Visa with our experts.
Can I trust iVisa.com?
For sure! We have established the highest security measures for any travel process you could need with us. We can help you find out all the details about the P Visa | Artist, Athletes and Entertainers Visa. We’re your source of the most accurate information provided by the US immigration service.
I have some doubts. Who can I contact?
Reach out to our support agents, who can answer all your questions at any time. Questions along the way? We know how to help you!