If you’re a Chinese citizen you might be thinking of traveling to the US soon since this country is one of the favorite destinations for Asians. The United States has a lot of things to offer, from cultural spots to amazing landscapes, from delicious food to exotic parades; you can enjoy multiple activities according to what you prefer. Just don’t forget that you’ll need to apply for an EVUS before entering the US. For your convenience, you can also read the information below to learn more details about this document, including any EVUS expiration warning. Remember that the EVUS has an expiration date just like any other travel document.
In the following list of FAQs below, you’ll learn important details like the price for your EVUS, the expiration date, and all the documentation required. Remember that with iVisa.com you can have your EVUS as soon as possible and at an affordable price.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an EVUS?
The Electronic Visa Update System, or EVUS, is an official system that allows Chinese citizens to travel to the United States only for pleasure or business on a 10-year U.S. visitor Visa, class B1, B2, or B1/B2. Any traveler that fit this description must apply for an EVUS before traveling to the US.
How do I know if I can apply for an EVUS?
All you have to do to know if you’re eligible for an EVUS is answer the following statements:
- You are a Chinese national.
- You have a valid Chinese passport.
- You are traveling to the United States for business or leisure.
- You have to enroll in a new EVUS.
If you answer “yes” to all of these, or at least to the first three, then you’re ready to apply for your EVUS.
What documents do I need to apply for an EVUS?
You won’t need too many things to apply for an EVUS, and if you decide to use iVisa.com’s service, the process will be even easier. Here’s the following list of requirements for you to apply for your EVUS:
- A valid Chinese passport.
- A scanned copy of your passport information page.
- A 10-year U.S. visa. The visa must be one of these classes: B1, B2, or B1/B2.
- A valid email address to receive your document.
- A valid payment method for you to pay for the EVUS. It can be a credit/debit card or even a Paypal Account.
- Lastly, you need to offer your contact information including the address of your U.S. destination.
What are the processing times and prices?
The price you have to pay to obtain your EVUS varies according to how fast you require it. With iVisa.com you can choose any of the following options:
- Standard Processing Time: you’ll receive your EVUS in 7 days and you’ll have to pay USD 20.00.
- Rush Processing Time: your EVUS will be ready in 5 days if you pay USD 30.00.
- Super Rush Processing Time: this is the fastest option you can choose. Your EVUS can be ready in 3 days, but you’ll have to pay USD 55.00.
How can I apply for an EVUS with iVisa.com’s service?
You can enroll for your EVUS with the US Official Website of the Department of Homeland Security, but you might get confused, especially because this process can be very bureaucratic, and it doesn’t include translations in case you need it.
When you use iVisa.com’s system, you can apply for your EVUS in just a few minutes with a user-friendly method that works more as a digital ally for you. If you have any issue, you can translate it to your official language or you can even contact iVisa.com to get extra help.
Here’s the list of steps you have to follow:
- First, fill in the initial online application form with basic information like name, address, and phone. Choose your processing time as well.
- Second, check the information you wrote in step one. You also have to pay for iVisa.com’s service using a credit/debit card or a Paypal account.
- Third and last, you have to upload the documents required (scanned copy of your passport and B1/B2 valid visa) and after that, all you have to do is to send your online form.
Once you’re ready, you’ll only have to wait for your EVUS. You’ll receive the heads up via email, so be sure to offer a valid email address.
How much time do I need to apply for my EVUS?
iVisa.com has a top-notch system, so you don’t need to spend more than 20 minutes to fill in the online form. It’s the same amount of time you can spend brewing a coffee, so it’s an excellent option for you, even on a working day.
Why do I need an EVUS if I already have a US Visa?
Even if you’re a Chinese citizen and you have a U.S. visitor Visa, class B1, B2, or B1/B2, you still need an EVUS. This is a recent requirement under U.S. Immigration law that allows you to avoid any legal inconvenience during your trip.
What is the difference between the US visa and the EVUS?
It’s important that you understand that the EVUS isn’t a Visa. The EVUS doesn’t meet the legal requirements that the U.S. Visa has. That’s why, travelers that are from the People's Republic of China need both the B1, B2, or B1/B2 10 year valid visa + EVUS. If you have any other class of Visa that’s not the B1, B2, or B1/B2 with 10-year validity, then you won’t be required to apply for the EVUS.
Important EVUS Expiration Warning
Just like any other travel document, the EVUS has an expiration date, but the good thing is that it’ll depend on your other travel documents. To make it simple, an EVUS enrollment is mostly valid for Multiple Entry over a period of 2 years after issued, or at least until 6 months before your passport expiration date. Your EVUS can also expire if your visa expires, so be aware of that.
Once your EVUS expires, all you have to do is to enroll for it once again. The process is exactly the same every time, and just like we mentioned before, you can apply with iVisa.com to save a lot of time.
Where can I find more information about the EVUS?
iVisa.com is always ready to offer you a helpful service with anything you need about traveling safety tips and documentation. You cannot only get your EVUS through our website, but you can also learn other information that could be important for your journey. Don’t hesitate to contact us anytime!