What is the Replace Citizenship Certificate?
The Replace Citizenship Certificate or File N-565 is used to apply for a replacement Declaration of Intention; Naturalization Certificate; Certificate of Citizenship; or Repatriation Certificate. It also serves to apply for a special certificate of naturalization as a citizen of the United States in order to be recognized by a foreign country.
We have all the details you need about the Replace Citizenship Certificate | File N-565. Check the following lines.
Who can apply for the Replace Citizenship Certificate?
You can acquire the Replace Citizenship Certificate | File N-565 in these cases:
- Your Certificate of Naturalization, Certificate of Citizenship, Declaration of Intention, or Repatriation Certificate has been lost, stolen, destroyed, or mutilated.
- Your Certificate of Naturalization, Certificate of Citizenship, Declaration of Intention, or Repatriation Certificate has a typographical/clerical error made by USCIS.
- Your name has changed since the last time your certificate has been issued.
- You have a court order that changes your date of birth, and you want to change it in your certificate.
- You have changed your gender, and you have a court order, a medical certificate, or a government-issued document.
- You’re a naturalized citizen who is looking to be recognized by another country as a US citizen
iVisa.com can help you with all the information you need for the Replace Citizenship Certificate | File N-565.
All about the Replace Citizenship Certificate | File N-565
How much does it cost to apply for the Replace Citizenship Certificate?
The fee for this procedure is USD 555, and it should be paid directly to the US Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS). You have the chance to pay it online. If your procedure is by mail, you can issue a money order, check, or pay by credit card ( use Form G-1450). For bank checks, these ones must be payable to the US Department of Homeland Security.
How long does it take to process my Replace Citizenship Certificate?
USCIS can’t provide an exact timing for processing your application, as each stage could be delayed. This could happen due to a lack of the required details, mistakes, among other factors. Therefore, we recommend applying as early as possible so you can have your certificate on time.
iVisa.com can help you find out more about the Replace Citizenship Certificate | File N-565.
Can I apply for the Replace Citizenship Certificate online?
Yes! USCIS gives the possibility to obtain File N-565 through its online platform. You can also do the procedure through the mail. Both ways are valid. Still, complete the file carefully.
iVisa.com has all the details you need to start the Replace Citizenship Certificate | File N-565 process.
How do I submit my Replace Citizenship Certificate?
- Head to the USCIS website and select the alternative to complete File N-565.
- Attach the documentation and pay the fee.
- Receive an answer from USCIS for more information or the certificate.
iVisa.com can walk you through any online procedures you need! Trust our expert team.
- Two passport photos. Check the photo requirements within the USCIS website.
- Original document that has your details change. In case you need a replacement due to name, date of birth, or gender change.
- Copy of your original certificate. In case you have it and you want to replace it due to being stolen, lost, or destroyed.
- Police Report. For the reasons stated before.
- Evidence of error in the certificate. (If applicable)
- Evidence of legal name change. (If applicable)
- Evidence of legal date of birth change. (If applicable)
- Evidence of legal gender change. (If applicable)
- Evidence of legal marital status change. (If applicable)
- Copy of your original certificate. When applying for a special certificate.
Tips for filling out the IR5 Visa forms
- Use black ink. We recommend completing File N-565 online, so your words are shown clearly. In case you will send your application through mail, use black ink to write on it.
- Double-check your details for any mistakes. Remember that any errors could delay your processing time.
- Make sure to attach all your documents in English. If any documentation is in another language, you need to have an English translation.
Continue checking more information about the Replace Citizenship Certificate | File N-565.
How does apply with iVisa.com work?
We have reviewed our procedure to make them as easy as possible. Check what we have to offer you:
- Online applications with easy language. We won’t use technical wording for any application. All the questions are straightforward.
- Experts checking your documents. You will have experts looking at your application before it arrives at the US immigration service.
- 100% government complaint photos. In case you need a visa or passport photo, we can offer you the right service. We know the photo requirements for any service.
- Advice throughout your journey. For any doubts, you will have a team behind you ready to answer any questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Could USCIS request an interview?
Yes! This situation will depend on your specific case. USCIS can require that you appear for an interview or provide biometric information. This will help them verify your identity, obtain more details or run a background check.
The biometric services appointment won’t be necessary for all applicants. Still, if you need to attend one, USCIS will provide the location and date for this interview. In case you attend this appointment, you will do the following:
- Provide all the information in your application.
- Review and understand all the submitted details.
- Confirm the information is complete, true, and correct.
Learn more about the Replace Citizenship Certificate | File N-565 with iVisa.com.
Can I trust iVisa.com?
100%! We have established the highest security guidelines for all our services, and we know we can help you with any request you can have. You must know that US immigration services make it complicated for applicants. Therefore, we want to simplify your life!
I have some doubts. Who can I contact?
Don’t hesitate to connect with our support agents, who are available day and night. We can solve all your doubts about the Replace Citizenship Certificate | File N-565.