What is the TD Visa?
The TD Visa for family members is a visa category available for family members of any holder of the nonimmigrant NAFTA Professional (TN) visa. Citizens of Canada and Mexico are eligible for the nonimmigrant NAFTA Professional (TN) visa, and it allows them to work in the United States in prearranged business activities. They’re known as NAFTA professionals. The TD is an alternative for NAFTA professionals who want to bring their families to the US under this scheme.
iVisa.com has all the details you need for this US visa.
Who can get the TD Visa?
The TD Visa for family members is available for the spouse and unmarried, minor children of TN Visa holders. The person applying for this must show financial stability to bring the family members to the United States.
Canadian citizens don’t need visas, but they must comply with a few entry requirements at the US point of entry. Non-Canadian must apply for TD visas, which means Mexican citizens must get a TD Visa. Non-Canadian and Non-Mexican citizens who are family members of TB visa holders must check with the US Department of State if they need a visa to enter the US.
The spouse and children must display Form I-94 from the principal TN visa holder to prove this person holds this status.
How much does it cost to apply for the TD Visa?
It will depend on your nationality as there are different procedures. For Canadians entering the US on a TD Visa status, they only need to pay USD 6 at the point of entry. For non-Canadian and Mexican, there is a USD 160 fee for the consular procedure.
Our iVisa.com team has all the details for the TD Visa for family members procedure.
How long does it take to process my TD Visa?
For Canadians entering the US is almost immediately as they don’t need to do any procedures at an embassy. For Mexican and non-Canadian citizens, the processing time will depend on scheduling an interview at the embassy or consulate. Make sure to apply in advance for this matter.
Check more about the TD Visa for family members.
Can I apply for TD Visa online?
As you need a Form DS-160 for this procedure, you can complete it online. But you will need to print it and take it to the embassy for your interview (Mexican and non-Canadian citizens). The rest of the process isn’t available online. Still, iVisa.com has the right tools to help you with the digital part.
How do I submit my TD Visa?
We will focus on the process for Mexicans and non-Canadians as it demands heading to a US embassy or consulate.
- Complete Form DS-160, and have in hand documents that prove a relationship with the TN visa holder. Don’t forget the I-94 record, which shows the current TN visa status.
- Send all the documentation to the Application center and schedule your interview at the nearest US embassy or consulate.
- Receive your TD Visa for family members.
- Valid passport. The spouse and children should have valid passports each. The validity should last the stay of the family members.
- Form DS-160. Fill out the Nonimmigrant Visa Application.
- Marriage certificate and/or birth certificate. There should be translated in case the documents aren’t in English.
- Receipt of payment.
- Copy of I-94 record. This document proves the TN visa status.
The TD Visa for family members is available! Let iVisa.com inform you all about it!
Tips for filling out the TD Visa forms
- Use black ink. We recommend filling out the documentation electronically and print it afterward. In case you only can physically use black ink.
- Review your details carefully, so you’re sure you don’t have any mistakes.
- Any document that isn’t in English must be translated.
How does apply with iVisa.com work?
iVisa.com is the first step to your American dream. We know what you need to start the immigration process for your TD Visa.
We have the following to offer you:
- Online forms with simple language. We have simplified the wording of the US immigration application so you can find it easily.
- Team of experts to review your documents. Even if you make any mistakes, our team will review your documents before they arrive at US services.
- 100% government complaint photos. Take a selfie, and we will make sure you comply with the photo requirements.
- Guidance every step of the way. Trust our experts for any doubts you could have along the way.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I work in the United States under the TD Visa?
No, the TD Visa doesn’t allow holders to work in the United States. You can’t accept any jobs while you stay in the US. However, you can study under your TD Visa.
If you want to work in the United States, you should change your immigration status to a visa category that allows you to work.
iVisa.com always provides the latest news about immigration status. Trust us and have all the details about the TD Visa for family members.
How can I extend my TD Visa Status?
It’s possible to extend your TD Visa by filling out the I-539 application. You can do it while you’re already in the United States. Remember to confirm these details with the US immigration services.
Can I trust iVisa.com?
Of course! We work with an expert team that can help you all the way with your visa procedures. Remember that applying for any American visa can help you step into your American dream. Obtaining a green card will be a reality after you get the approval for your first visas.
We work with the highest security measures, which means your information is safe within our systems. Check what our previous customers have to say about our excellent results!
I have some doubts. Who can I contact?
Get in touch with our support agents who can help you 24 hours a day. We have all the details about the TD Visa for family members. iVisa.com is the perfect partner to start your visa procedure.