Are you planning a trip to the United States? Then you must brace yourself because getting a US visa is not as easy as getting any other visa. The visa policy of the United States is not the most lenient, but as long as you pay attention to what you have to do, you should do just fine.
If you want to find out about the US Tourist visa required documents, you have come t the right place. We will explain to you what documents you need in every single step of the application process.
First things first, what you need to know is that a B1/B2 visa cannot be obtained online. You must go to the nearest US embassy for that. However, the application form can be filled in online. iVisa will soon launch this service. Until then, pay attention to what you will need.
When you apply online for the confirmation page, you will need the following:
- Valid passport – every person who wants to apply for a B1/B2 visa is required to hold a passport that is valid for at least another 6 months from the intended date of departure FROM the United States.
- Photo – along with the application form, you need to upload a photograph of yourself. It needs to be as recent as possible and follow all the other photo requirements.
- E-mail address – once you submit the application, we will process it and send you the application form confirmation page via e-mail. You will have to print it out before you go to your interview.
- Means of payment – you will have to pay the fee for the B1/B2 visa. In some cases, that is payable after the application form is completed but before the interview. It depends on nationality. Of course, service fees apply. iVisa will accept credit or debit cards, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat will also be considered valid methods of payment.
After you fill in the form, you will be given a confirmation page, you need to print it out because it will be necessary at the embassy when you go for your interview.
Now, the next step where US Tourist visa documents are required is the actual interview. You need to prepare a folder with everything that is asked of you so that the consular officer can check them off the list. Here is what that folder must contain:
- The document that confirms your meeting (you will be given one when you schedule the interview with the embassy)
- A letter in which you describe the purpose of your trip to the US
- Proof of means of sustenance once in the US
- Evidence that you have strong ties in your country of origin (family, job, etc.)
- An invitation letter from a friend in the US (optional but helpful)
- Criminal record
Additional documents may be necessary:
- Documents relevant to your previous visit in the US if that is the case
- Diploma or transcript if you are a student
- A letter from your employer and the payslips for the last three months if you have a job
- A letter from a company in the US that states the purpose of your visit if you travel for business
- Documents belonging to your family or friends if you plan on visiting them
- Letter from your doctor about your illness and treatment if you travel for medical purposes
We believe that we covered all the US Tourist visa documents that are required during the application process. If you have any more questions, do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer support. The service is at your disposal 24/7 and free of charge.