Portuguese who would like to go to the US in the near future must assess if their country is part of the US Visa Waiver Program. If it's, then they're eligible for a US ESTA. This document permits entry to the United States utilizing the Electronic System for Travel Authorization. Since it's an electronic process, there's absolutely no need to go to a US embassy to obtain your visa. Alternatively, you can apply online from your house or work with services such as iVisa, which can simplify the whole process. In this article, we will show you how.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I know whether I'm eligible for an ESTA?
To check your eligibility, you can utilize our Visa Checker. It is a simple and efficient tool that can confirm your eligibility. To know right away, just choose your nationality as Portuguese from the drop-down menu and select the United States as your destination. Once qualified, you'll be able to apply in that case.
If I'm Portuguese, do I require a visa to enter the USA?
You do not require a visa per se, what you will need is an ESTA, which is an approval to enter the country, but does not work as a visa since it's a lot simpler to find this one and also is accessible only to particular countries.
What is an ESTA for Portuguese Citizens?
The ESTA, also know it as the Electronic System for Travel Authorization, is an electronic and automated system that gives permission to determined nationalities to visit the US under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP).
How Long Would Portuguese Stay in the USA?
If you're Portuguese, your stay is limited to 90 days Per Entry. However, keep in mind that your ESTA will allow Multiple Entry during 2 years after issued - just make sure that none of these visits exceed the 90-days period. Your reasons for visiting must be related to business or tourism, not to anything else.
What are the prerequisites for Portuguese citizens?
Availing iVisa's services means that you will be exerting minimal work. The documents are basic and below are a listing of what you'll need:
- Passport -- you need to have a valid passport if traveling abroad. For US ESTA, nevertheless, you require an electronic passport with a digital chip that contains biometric data . The regular one won't work.
- Email address -- even if your visa is going to be connected to your passport you still need a printed copy to show at the immigration office once you arrive at the US. iVisa will send you a copy through email in PDF format. Until you leave, don't forget to print it out.
- Payment method -- the payment for your own visa with iVisa's services is created before you submit your application. You can use methods like credit/debit cards or a PayPal account.
What will be the Processing times and also the costs for the US ESTA?
Travelers, including Portuguese, likely think that having this kind of service is too costly. That is not true with iVisa because their fees are competitive while they manage the hassles of bureaucracy and challenging labor. The amount of your [US ESTA](/apply-online/united-states? Nationality=PT) is determined by the processing time. The expense of this eVisa itself remains the same; it's the service fee that differs. In Terms of your processing options, they're as follows:
- Standard processing -- you only pay USD 29.00 when selecting this choice and your request will be processed within only 24 hours.
- Rush processing -- now your US eVisa will be prepared within only 4 hours. You will need to pay USD 59.00 for it.
- Super Rush processing -- in case you want your visa straight away, you can elect for this alternative and have your application processed inside 30 minutes. As you may expect, it is going to cost you more: USD 79.00.
How Much Time Does It Take to Obtain an ESTA if I'm Portuguese?
The application process on the US website is moderately simple, but it doesn't offer any additional guidance for travelers that are not so certain about the procedure. On the flip side, if you decide on get the iVisa service to process your online application for the ESTA, you can expect less than 20 minutes to finish it and wait for it.
What's the Program Form and Procedure for Portuguese Citizens?
Many people dislike application forms, but the Portuguese will appreciate this one. iVisa has only a three-step process that's simple to finish. In the event you require any help, iVisa's customer support is more than pleased to assist when contacting them.
- The first step is composed of your personal info like your name, address, passport info, along with other things. At this point, you must also pick the processing period. It should take you just 5 minutes to finish step one.
- In step two, the Portuguese will have to pay and review the supplied information during step one. It is important that your info is accurate and properly spelled. Corrections are only permitted if your application hasn't attained processing. Once you applied, corrections are not possible and you'll need to go through the procedure again. Just review carefully what that you set in.
- The previous step will be on a personal poll and photo upload. Depending on your circumstance, you'll be notified if you have to upload documents. Once it is completed, wait for your visa to be sent and then can click on the submit button.
How many times can I visit the US along with my ESTA?
You've Multiple Entry, so you're able to visit the country twice as long as your documents remain valid.
When I have dual citizenship. Can I apply for a US ESTA?
It depends. In the event, you're part of the VWP, but you're also a national of Iran, Iraq, Sudan, or Syrian, subsequently you won't be able to apply for an ESTA. Keep in mind that it's exactly the same if you've traveled to been current in Iran, Iraq, Sudan, Syria, Libya, Somalia, and Yemen following March 1, 2011. You can not apply for an ESTA in that situation either.
If I'm traveling with my children, do they also need to apply for the ESTA?
Every traveler, regardless of their era, necessitates an ESTA prior to their travel to the United States, which includes children. Keep in mind your children require the very same documents as you.
How soon should I apply for an ESTA?
As you've seen before, you can apply at any time before traveling to the US, but we recommend doing it when you feel certain about entering that country.
What should I do if my ESTA is refused?
In case your ETA is denied, you can submit an application for a B-2 Tourist Visa.
Can the US ESTA guarantee that I can enter the United States of America?
We always emphasize the US ESTA doesn't necessarily provide you the automated authorization to the US, since this is dependent upon the Immigration checkpoint. If your ESTA is approved, it implies that you're entitled to travel to the USA under the Visa Waiver Program, but it does not mean that you're admissible to enter the United States.
Remember that once you arrive you will be inspected by an Immigration officer that will determine if you're admissible under the Visa Waiver Program or some other United States law enforcement.
I still have questions concerning this document, where can I find more info about the ESTA?
In the chance that you still find any queries or concerns throughout the application process, then you can contact us and we'll be more than glad to help you. There's also more info about this document in this connection .
Our commitment is to make the travel document process easier, and that is reflected in our customer testimonials. We pride ourselves on the service we provide and try to provide an excellent experience for every traveler. But it's true that not always is sufficient with one phrase, so it is better to rely on several Websites related to this subject. One of the websites you will discover is Trustpilot -- in which we have over 18,000 customers who provided great feedback on our services and keep iVisa rated at the "excellent" category. Look around our site if you're not convinced -- we are certain you will be happy with what you will see.