New Zealand is one of the 38 countries that are in the United States Visa Waiver Program. As a result, as a citizen of New Zealand, you do not need a visa to enter the United States. You must, however, obtain a US ESTA if you enter the US by air or by sea. Lucky for you, the ESTA is available online and iVisa.com can help you get it.
What are the requirements?
As you can imagine, you need to fill in an online application form, but before you do that, you must make sure that you have everything you need at your disposal. iVisa.com asks you for the following:
- Passport – you must hold a valid electronic passport with a digital chip that contains your bio-metric info. At the same time, the passport needs to be valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in the United States.
- E-mail address – the US ESTA arrives via e-mail, which is why you must have a valid e-mail address to which you have access. Once iVisa.com sends you the ESTA, do not forget to print out at least one physical copy of the document.
- Means of payment – the payment must be made during the online application process, which is why you must have a method of online payment. iVisa.com accepts credit and debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat; whichever you find most convenient.
United States visa for the citizens of New Zealand – the application form
As mentioned above, you must fill in an application form. However, you should expect a short and straightforward form, and if you need some help or you have questions, iVisa.com has an excellent support service that is available 24/7. The service is free of charge.
The form you must complete has three simple steps. During step number one, you are required to give your general information such as name, address, date of birth, passport info, arrival date, and so on. At this point, you must also select a processing time for your application. Each of them has its different cost. Here are your options:
- Standard processing time – This is the slowest option. Your application is processed within 2 days from submission, and you will be charged just $29.
- Rush processing time – if you are looking to get your US ESTA sooner than 48 hours, the Rush option guarantees that you have your document in 12 hours. The cost this time is $59.
- Super Rush processing time – since this is the fastest option you have at hand, it is the most expensive as well. You will be charged $79, but you can have your ESTA in as little as 6 hours.
Step number two consists of payment and revision. You need to make sure that your application does not contain any errors. Mistakes can invalidate your visa, and corrections are impossible to make once your application reaches processing. Check your form multiple times before you move on to the next step.
The last step is when iVisa.com asks for some documents such as a copy of your passport’s information page. Should additional documents be required, you will be notified. Once all three steps are done, you can submit your application.
The bottom line is that a United States visa is not necessary for the citizens of New Zealand. However, you do need to apply for a US ESTA if you enter the country by air or by sea. The ESTA is valid for 2 years since issue, you are granted multiple entries, and you can stay in the United States for up to 90 days per entry.