When it comes to traveling to the US, the citizens of the Bahamas enjoy a series of special conditions that may eliminate the need for a visa. With that being said, you do not need a visa to travel to the United States if:
- You apply for entry at one of the Preclearance facilities in Nassau or Freeport International Airports.
- You do not have a criminal conviction or ineligibility, and you have not violated US immigration laws in the past.
- You have a valid Bahamian passport or Bahamian travel document that attests your Bahamian citizenship.
- All applicants over 14 years of age must hold a police certificate released by the Royal Bahamas Police Force in the last 6 months.
If you do not meet all the conditions above, you need to apply for a US B1/B2 visa in case you travel to the US for business or pleasure. iVisa can help you with the online application process so that you can receive the confirmation page you need when you go for your interview. We will even set the appointment for you at the nearest US embassy.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Bahamas – requirements
To [apply for a US B1/B2 Visa, you need to meet other requirements. iVisa will ask you for the following:
- Valid passport – all applicants need to have a passport that remains valid for at least another 6 months beyond the intended stay in the US.
- Digital photo – when you apply for a US B1/B2 visa online, you need to have a picture of you, preferably taken as recent as possible. The photo must follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Travel itinerary – this applies only if you have made the arrangements for your stay in the US.
- Dates of previous trips to the US – of course, only if you have traveled there in the past.
- Additional information – depending on the purpose of your travel, you may be required to provide other information when you apply.
- E-mail address – after iVisa processes the application, you will receive a confirmation page via e-mail, which is why you need a valid address. You need that confirmation page for your appointment at the US embassy when you have your interview. Do not forget to print it out.
- Means of payment – the payment must be made during the online application process as well. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Bahamas – the online application process
After you gather all of the above, you can proceed to fill in the application form. It has three steps, and they are easy to complete, but if you need some help, iVisa’s customer support is available 24/7.
The first step takes about 5 minutes. You need to provide your basic information and select a processing time for your application. Your choice affects the cost of your US B1/B2 visa. You have three options a hand:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 72 hours since submission, and it costs $175.
- Rush processing – your confirmation page is ready within 24 hours, but you are charged $205.
- Super Rush processing – it only takes 18 hours for you to receive your confirmation page, and you must pay $225.
The second step wants you to cover the payment and review your form to correct potential errors, while the third requires you to upload the documents that support your application. After you are finished, hit the submit button, and iVisa will take things further.
What you need to remember from all this is that getting the confirmation page for a US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Bahamas does not involve much effort. You will get the document in a short amount of time and iVisa will even send you some information about the interview and what to expect.