Like many other nationalities, the citizens of Benin need to hold a visa to enter the United States. For short stays, you must apply for a US B1/B2 Visa. While you cannot get the document itself online, you can use an online visa service to acquire the confirmation page that is needed during the interview at the nearest US embassy or consulate. iVisa will make the appointment for you after your request is processed.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Benin – requirements
Before you access the application page, we suggest that you make sure that you have everything that is required of you during the whole process. That will make things easier for you. iVisa will ask you for the following:
- Valid passport – all applicants need to have a passport that remains valid for at least another 6 months beyond the intended stay in the US.
- Digital photo – when you apply for a US B1/B2 visa online, you need to have a picture of you, preferably taken as recent as possible. The photo must follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Travel itinerary – this applies only if you have made the arrangements for your stay in the US.
- Dates of previous trips to the US – of course, only if you have traveled there in the past.
- Additional information – depending on the purpose of your travel, you may be required to provide other information when you apply.
- E-mail address – after iVisa processes the application, you will receive a confirmation page via e-mail, which is why you need a valid address. You need that confirmation page for your appointment at the US embassy when you have your interview. Do not forget to print it out.
- Means of payment – the payment must be made during the online application process as well. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Benin – the online application form
As soon as you notice that you have everything that is required of you, you can proceed to fill in the application form. It should prove to be an easy task, but just in case you need some assistance, iVisa puts at your disposal its customer support. The service can be reached non-stop and is free of charge.
The form in question has three easy steps. Step number one wants you to give your personal information, as well as some passport info a few details regarding your trip. You must also choose a processing time at this point, a factor which affects the cost of your US B1/B2 Visa. You are provided with three options:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 72 hours since submission, and it costs $175.
- Rush processing – your confirmation page is ready within 24 hours, but you are charged $205.
- Super Rush processing – it only takes 18 hours for you to receive your confirmation page, and you must pay $225.
During the second step, all you have to do is to make the payment and check your form for mistakes, while the third step asks you to upload the documents that support your application. When all three steps are complete, you can click on the submit button, and iVisa will handle the rest.
The bottom line is that getting the confirmation page for a US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Benin is not a challenging task. iVisa’s purpose is to be as helpful as possible, which is why you will also receive an information package containing details about what to expect during the interview and what documents you must bring along.