Most nationalities need to apply for a US B1/B2 Visa if they wish to cross the US border and they travel for business or tourism purposes. The citizens of Bhutan make no difference. You may not have access to this document online, but you can apply online for the necessary confirmation page using the services rendered by iVisa. iVisa will handle the interview appointment at the nearest US embassy as well.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Bhutan – requirements
As you can imagine, you need to make sure that you can fulfill a series of requirements before you apply for the confirmation page. However, there is nothing on that list that can be considered difficult to achieve. Here is what you will need:
- Valid passport – all applicants need to have a passport that remains valid for at least another 6 months beyond the intended stay in the US.
- Digital photo – when you apply for a US B1/B2 visa online, you need to have a picture of you, preferably taken as recent as possible. The photo must follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Travel itinerary – this applies only if you have made the arrangements for your stay in the US.
- Dates of previous trips to the US – of course, only if you have traveled there in the past.
- Additional information – depending on the purpose of your travel, you may be required to provide other information when you apply.
- E-mail address – after iVisa processes the application, you will receive a confirmation page via e-mail, which is why you need a valid address. You need that confirmation page for your appointment at the US embassy when you have your interview. Do not forget to print it out.
- Means of payment – the payment must be made during the online application process as well. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Bhutan – the online application form
As soon as you gather all of the above, you are ready to fill in the application form. It is a task that should take you no more than 20 minutes to complete, but iVisa provides non-stop assistance should you need some help. The customer support service can be reached 24/7 and is free of charge.
For your convenience, iVisa broke down the form into three simple steps. During the first one, all you have to do is to provide your personal information, a couple of details about your trip, as well as some passport info. You must also choose a processing time for your application so that the cost of your US B1/B2 Visa can be established. iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 72 hours since submission, and it costs $175.
- Rush processing – your confirmation page is ready within 24 hours, but you are charged $205.
- Super Rush processing – it only takes 18 hours for you to receive your confirmation page, and you must pay $225.
Step number two focuses on payment and revision, while the third step focuses on supporting documents. iVisa will give you a set of instructions on how to upload them. When that is over, you are free to click on the submit button, and iVisa will take it further.
As you can see, the process of getting the confirmation page for a US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Bhutan is not at all complicated. iVisa will even provide you with some valuable information on what documents you need when you go to the embassy, as well as some details about what to expect during the interview.