Like many other nationalities, Batswana citizens need to get a visa to cross the US borders. For business or tourism purposes, you need to apply for a US B1/B2 Visa. You cannot get the document online, but the confirmation page you need when you go to the embassy is available online. iVisa can help you with the application process and we will even make the appointment for the interview at the nearest US embassy or consulate.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Botswana – requirements
Of course, before you apply for the confirmation page, you need to make sure that you have everything it takes to go through the application process successfully. iVisa does not ask for much. You will need the following documents and information at hand:
- Valid passport – all applicants need to have a passport that remains valid for at least another 6 months beyond the intended stay in the US.
- Digital photo – when you apply for a US B1/B2 visa online, you need to have a picture of you, preferably taken as recent as possible. The photo must follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Travel itinerary – this applies only if you have made the arrangements for your stay in the US.
- Dates of previous trips to the US – of course, only if you have traveled there in the past.
- Additional information – depending on the purpose of your travel, you may be required to provide other information when you apply.
- E-mail address – after iVisa processes the application, you will receive a confirmation page via e-mail, which is why you need a valid address. You need that confirmation page for your appointment at the US embassy when you have your interview. Do not forget to print it out.
- Means of payment – the payment must be made during the online application process as well. iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Botswana – the online application form
The next thing you have to do after you put together all the requirements is to fill in the application form. That should come easy to any applicant, but if you need some help or you have questions, iVisa’s customer support is reachable 24/7. The service does not charge.
What you should know about the form is that iVisa broke it down into three steps for your convenience. The first step should not impose any difficulties. You must give general information about yourself and your trip, but you must also select a processing time for your application. That will determine how much money you spend on your US B1/B2 Visa. You can choose from the following options:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 72 hours since submission, and it costs $175.
- Rush processing – your confirmation page is ready within 24 hours, but you are charged $205.
- Super Rush processing – it only takes 18 hours for you to receive your confirmation page, and you must pay $225.
The second step should last even less time. You must handle the payment and review your form so that all the information in it is 100% correct. The third step is the moment in which iVisa requires you to upload the documents that support your application. When you are done, click the submit button, and that is the moment when your effort comes to an end iVisa handles the rest.
As you can see, getting the confirmation page for a US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Botswana is not complicated at all. iVisa will even send you some useful information on what to expect during the interview at the embassy, as well as a checklist of the documents you need to bring along.