Like many other nationalities, the citizens of Colombia must apply for a US B1/B2 Visa before traveling to the United States. The document covers both tourism and business purposes. However, the visa itself cannot be obtained online. What you can acquire online is the confirmation page you need when you go to the nearest US embassy. iVisa can get that for you. We will even set an appointment for your interview at the US embassy.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Colombia – requirements
It is true that getting a US B1/B2 Visa is a complex process, but the confirmation page is not a demanding document to obtain. Here is what you will need during the application process:
- Passport – you cannot apply for a US B1/B2 visa unless you have a valid passport that maintains its status for at least 6 months beyond the intended period of stay in the US.
- Digital photo – for the picture to be valid, it needs to follow all the passport photo guidelines. For example, it needs to be taken recently.
- Travel itinerary – if you have already made the arrangements, you should put them together in a document.
- Dates of previous stays in the US – as you can imagine, this does not apply if you have never been in the United States before.
- Additional information – this depends on the purpose of your trip to the US. But keep in mind that you can be asked to provide information on almost anything that can be proved using an existing document (i.e., cooking class signup).
- E-mail address – since the confirmation page arrives via e-mail, you need to provide a valid address to which you have access. Do not forget to print the confirmation before your interview. You will be asked to present it.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can use the conventional credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are accepted as well.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Colombia – the online application form
After you put together all the documents and information from the list above, you can move on and fill in the application form. It is generally perceived as an easy task, but if you need help, iVisa provides customer support 24/7. The service does not charge.
What you need to know is that the form you need to complete consists of three parts. The first one wants you to provide your personal information, a few details regarding your trip, as well as passport info. Plus, you must select a processing time. That will determine how much money you will spend on your US B1/B2 Visa. iVisa gives you three options so that you can go for the one that suits you best. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – it takes 72 hours for your application to be processed, and you will spend $175.
- Rush processing – your confirmation page arrives within 24 hours since submission, and it costs $205.
- Super Rush processing – your application is processed within 18 hours, but you are charged $225.
When you get to the second step, you must cover the payment, but you also need to review your form to make sure it does not contain any errors. That can invalidate your visa. The last step is the moment in which you must upload the documents that support your application. When you are through, you are free to submit your request, and iVisa will process it in the timeframe of your choosing.
Surely, we can all agree that getting the confirmation page for a US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Colombia is not a complicated thing to achieve. iVisa will deliver you the document along with some valuable information about what to expect during the interview at the US embassy.