Most nationalities need to apply for a US B1/B2 Visa when traveling to the United States. The citizens of Costa Rica are among them, which means you have to get it too if you travel to the US for tourism or business purposes. iVisa cannot help you get the visa itself, but it can help you acquire the confirmation page you need when you go to apply at the US embassy. We will even set the date and time for your interview so that you do not have to.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Costa Rica – requirements
We are happy to inform you that the confirmation page is not a difficult document to acquire. In fact, all the requirements are easy to fulfill, and you may already have some of the items on the list. You will need the following:
- Passport – you cannot apply for a US B1/B2 visa unless you have a valid passport that maintains its status for at least 6 months beyond the intended period of stay in the US.
- Digital photo – for the picture to be valid, it needs to follow all the passport photo guidelines. For example, it needs to be taken recently.
- Travel itinerary – if you have already made the arrangements, you should put them together in a document.
- Dates of previous stays in the US – as you can imagine, this does not apply if you have never been in the United States before.
- Additional information – this depends on the purpose of your trip to the US. But keep in mind that you can be asked to provide information on almost anything that can be proved using an existing document (i.e., cooking class signup).
- E-mail address – since the confirmation page arrives via e-mail, you need to provide a valid address to which you have access. Do not forget to print the confirmation before your interview. You will be asked to present it.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can use the conventional credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are accepted as well.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Costa Rica – the online form
After you obtain all the document and the information in the list above, you can proceed to fill in the application form. You should not have trouble along the way, but if you have questions, do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer support. The service is at your disposal 24/7 and is free of charge.
You will notice that you must go through three steps. During the first one, you need to insert your personal information and provide some details about your trip and your passport. You must also select a processing time for your application. That determines the cost of your US B1/B2 Visa. iVisa provides you with three options:
- Standard processing – it takes 72 hours for your application to be processed, and you will spend $175.
- Rush processing – your confirmation page arrives within 24 hours since submission, and it costs $205.
- Super Rush processing – your application is processed within 18 hours, but you are charged $225.
During the second step, you must cover the payment for your visa and review your application. It is crucial that all the information you provide is 100% accurate. Otherwise, you can end up with an invalid visa. The last step is the point at which iVisa asks that you upload the supporting documents of your application. Once you finish, hit the submit button, and you are done. iVisa will take it from there.
As you can see, the confirmation page for a US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Costa Rica is easy to acquire when you apply with iVisa. You will receive in your e-mail inbox some additional information as well. After all, you need to know how to prepare for your interview.