Most people who want to travel to the United States must first apply for a US B1/B2 Visa if the purpose of their visit is business or tourism. The citizens of Croatia make no exception. While the visa cannot be acquired online, what you can obtain online is the confirmation page you are required to present during your interview at the nearest US embassy. For your information, iVisa will schedule the interview as well.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Croatia – requirements
Needless to say, you have to make sure that you have everything that is needed for a successful application process. Lucky for you, the list is nor very long, and the items on it are relatively accessible. You will need the following:
- Passport – you cannot apply for a US B1/B2 visa unless you have a valid passport that maintains its status for at least 6 months beyond the intended period of stay in the US.
- Digital photo – for the picture to be valid, it needs to follow all the passport photo guidelines. For example, it needs to be taken recently.
- Travel itinerary – if you have already made the arrangements, you should put them together in a document.
- Dates of previous stays in the US – as you can imagine, this does not apply if you have never been in the United States before.
- Additional information – this depends on the purpose of your trip to the US. But keep in mind that you can be asked to provide information on almost anything that can be proved using an existing document (i.e., cooking class signup).
- E-mail address – since the confirmation page arrives via e-mail, you need to provide a valid address to which you have access. Do not forget to print the confirmation before your interview. You will be asked to present it.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can use the conventional credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are accepted as well.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Croatia – the online application form
The thing you need to take care of next is the application form. You have to fill it in. However, the task is as simple as it can be, and if you need some help, iVisa puts at your disposal a fantastic customer support service. It is available 24/7 and free of charge.
The form consists of three easy steps. The first one requires you to provide iVisa with your personal information, passport info, and a few details regarding your trip. At this point, you must also select a processing time for your application. Keep in mind that the cost of your US B1/B2 Visa depends on your selection. You are given three choices:
- Standard processing – it takes 72 hours for your application to be processed, and you will spend $175.
- Rush processing – your confirmation page arrives within 24 hours since submission, and it costs $205.
- Super Rush processing – your application is processed within 18 hours, but you are charged $225.
The second step should take you even less time. You must insert the details so that your payment goes through, but you should review your form as well. A form that contains errors leads to an invalid visa.
Lastly, the third step is the time when iVisa asks that you upload the documents that support your application. If additional documentation is required, you will be notified. As soon as you go through all three steps, you can submit your request and iVisa will take it further.
As you can see, the online process of getting the confirmation page for a US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Croatia could not be simpler. iVisa will send you some information about the interview as well so that you can prepare for it thoroughly.