As a Dominican citizen, it is necessary for you to apply for a visa if you plan a trip to the US. For short stays, you must obtain a US B1/B2 Visa. Unfortunately, you cannot get that online. But what you can is to apply online for the confirmation page you need when you go to the embassy. iVisa can help with that. So that things are easier for you, we will set the interview date at the nearest US embassy as well.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Dominica – requirements
Before you start anything, we recommend that you take care of the requirements. It is essential to do so because the process will run smoother. With that being said, here is what you need for the application process:
- Passport – you cannot apply for a US B1/B2 visa unless you have a valid passport that maintains its status for at least 6 months beyond the intended period of stay in the US.
- Digital photo – for the picture to be valid, it needs to follow all the passport photo guidelines. For example, it needs to be taken recently.
- Travel itinerary – if you have already made the arrangements, you should put them together in a document.
- Dates of previous stays in the US – as you can imagine, this does not apply if you have never been in the United States before.
- Additional information – this depends on the purpose of your trip to the US. But keep in mind that you can be asked to provide information on almost anything that can be proved using an existing document (i.e., cooking class signup).
- E-mail address – since the confirmation page arrives via e-mail, you need to provide a valid address to which you have access. Do not forget to print the confirmation before your interview. You will be asked to present it.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can use the conventional credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are accepted as well.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Dominica – the online form
The next step for you would be to fill in the application form. That is an easy task, but do not hesitate to ask iVisa for help should you need it. The customer support service is available 24/7 and is entirely free of charge.
To form you are required to complete consists of three steps. The first one covers the general information about the applicant and the trip to the US. You must choose a processing time as well, but keep in mind that the cost of your US B1/B2 Visa depends on your decision. You are given three options so that you can choose the most convenient for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – it takes 72 hours for your application to be processed, and you will spend $175.
- Rush processing – your confirmation page arrives within 24 hours since submission, and it costs $205.
- Super Rush processing – your application is processed within 18 hours, but you are charged $225.
The second step consists of payment and revision, while the third focuses on the necessary documents that support your application. iVisa will ask you to upload them. After you do that, you are free to submit your request and iVisa will process it in the timeframe you chose.
The bottom line is that getting the confirmation page for a US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Dominica does not impose any difficulties. We will even help you prepare for your interview by ending you some valuable information about the interview and what to expect during that process.