The citizens of the Democratic Republic of the Congo must obtain a visa if they ever travel to the United States. For business or tourism purposes, you must apply for a US B1/B2 Visa, but the document is not available online. However, the confirmation page you need when you go to the embassy to apply for your visa can be acquired online, and iVisa can facilitate the process. We will even take care of the interview appointment for you.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of DR Congo – requirements
Before you access the application page to fill in the form, it is best if you put together all the information and documents that are required for a successful application process. You will need the following:
- Passport – you cannot apply for a US B1/B2 visa unless you have a valid passport that maintains its status for at least 6 months beyond the intended period of stay in the US.
- Digital photo – for the picture to be valid, it needs to follow all the passport photo guidelines. For example, it needs to be taken recently.
- Travel itinerary – if you have already made the arrangements, you should put them together in a document.
- Dates of previous stays in the US – as you can imagine, this does not apply if you have never been in the United States before.
- Additional information – this depends on the purpose of your trip to the US. But keep in mind that you can be asked to provide information on almost anything that can be proved using an existing document (i.e., cooking class signup).
- E-mail address – since the confirmation page arrives via e-mail, you need to provide a valid address to which you have access. Do not forget to print the confirmation before your interview. You will be asked to present it.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can use the conventional credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are accepted as well.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of DR Congo – the online application form
The next thing on your to-do list is to fill in the application form. It should not be a difficult task to complete, but just in case you need some help, you should know that iVisa’s customer support service is available 24/7 and is free of charge.
The form consists of three steps, and you need to complete them all. The first step is the moment when you must fill in the blanks with your personal information, passport number and expiration date, as well as a few details about your trip. At the same time, you are required to make a choice as far as the processing time is concerned, and action that determines the cost of your US B1/B2 Visa. iVisa provides three options:
- Standard processing – it takes 72 hours for your application to be processed, and you will spend $175.
- Rush processing – your confirmation page arrives within 24 hours since submission, and it costs $205.
- Super Rush processing – your application is processed within 18 hours, but you are charged $225.
When you get to the second step, you need to be very careful because you must cover the payment situation and review your form so that it does not include mistakes. And the last step requires you to upload the documents that support your application. After you do that as well, you can click on the submit button, and iVisa will take care of the rest.
As you can see, getting the confirmation page for a US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of DR Congo is not a complicated process. Moreover, iVisa will send you some valuable information about the interview and what to expect so that you can prepare yourself as best as possible.