As an Egyptian citizen, you are not allowed to travel to the United States without a visa. If you plan a short stay, then you must apply for a US B1/B2 Visa. Unfortunately, you cannot acquire it online. However, the confirmation page you need when you go to apply for your visa at the nearest US embassy is available online, and iVisa can help you get it. We will even release you of the effort of making the appointment for the interview as well.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Egypt – requirements
What you should know from the start is that the confirmation page you apply for is not a demanding document as far as the requirements are concerned. You do not need much, and most of the items on the list are accessible. Here is what you must have:
- Passport – you cannot apply for a US B1/B2 visa unless you have a valid passport that maintains its status for at least 6 months beyond the intended period of stay in the US.
- Digital photo – for the picture to be valid, it needs to follow all the passport photo guidelines. For example, it needs to be taken recently.
- Travel itinerary – if you have already made the arrangements, you should put them together in a document.
- Dates of previous stays in the US – as you can imagine, this does not apply if you have never been in the United States before.
- Additional information – this depends on the purpose of your trip to the US. But keep in mind that you can be asked to provide information on almost anything that can be proved using an existing document (i.e., cooking class signup).
- E-mail address – since the confirmation page arrives via e-mail, you need to provide a valid address to which you have access. Do not forget to print the confirmation before your interview. You will be asked to present it.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can use the conventional credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are accepted as well.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Egypt – the online application form
After you gather all the items on the list above, you are more than welcome to fill in the application form. If you find it difficult, which is highly unlikely, you can contact iVisa’s customer support. The service can be reached 24/7 and is free.
You will notice that the form is divided into three steps. The first one asks for general information about yourself and your trip, but you need to choose a processing time for your application as well. That will affect the cost of your US B1/B2 Visa. You have the following options at hand:
- Standard processing – it takes 72 hours for your application to be processed, and you will spend $175.
- Rush processing – your confirmation page arrives within 24 hours since submission, and it costs $205.
- Super Rush processing – your application is processed within 18 hours, but you are charged $225.
When you get to step number two, you must cover the cost of your visa using one of the methods mentioned above, but you also have to review your form to make sure it is 100% accurate. Mistakes are not tolerated and will lead to an invalid visa. The third and last step just wants you to upload the documents that support your application. When you are through, you can submit your request, and iVisa will process it in the agreed timeframe.
What you need to remember from all this is that there will be no issues in getting the confirmation page for a US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Egypt. iVisa will even go the extra mile and provide you with valuable information about the interview and what to expect. This should help you prepare better.