The citizens of Ghana who plan to travel to the United States must first apply for a visa. Otherwise, they cannot enter the country. For short stays, a US B1/B2 Visa is in order, unfortunately, you cannot acquire it online. However, the confirmation page you need when you go to the embassy is available online, and iVisa can facilitate the application process. We will even schedule the interview for you at the nearest US embassy.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Ghana – requirements
The first thing you need to do before accessing the application page and filling in the form is to make sure that you can provide whatever is necessary for the process. You will need the following:
- Passport – you cannot start the process for a US B1/B2 Visa if you do not hold a valid passport. The document needs to keep its validity for at least another 6 months from the moment you intend to leave from the US.
- Digital photo – you are required to upload it during the application process. Make sure that it follows all the passport photo guidelines.
- Travel itinerary – this requirement does not apply to travelers who have not made arrangements for their stay in the US.
- Dates of previous trips to the US – again, this is not applicable if this is your first trip to the United States.
- Additional information – depending on the purpose of your trip, you may be asked to present other documents too. It is best if you have at hand every document related to your travels.
- E-mail address – iVisa will send you the confirmation page via e-mail, which is why it is essential for you to provide a valid address. Remember to print out the document when you receive it.
- Means of payment – fortunately, iVisa is versatile as far as payment is concerned. You can use a credit/debit card, but you can pay with PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Ghana – processing time and fees
The cost of the US B1/B2 Visa depends on a single factor, and that is the processing time option you are asked to select when you fill in the form. iVisa gives you three choices so that you can go for the one that best suits your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – it takes 72 hours for your request to be processed, and you are charged $175.
- Rush processing – if you need your confirmation a bit faster, choose this option, and your application will be processed within 24 hours. The cost, this time, is $205.
- Super Rush processing – in case you want your confirmation as soon as possible, choose this one, and you will receive it in just 18 hours. The fee, however, is $225.
The online application form
As soon as you notice that you have everything you need, you can proceed to fill in the form. It should prove to be an easy task, but if you need help, contact iVisa’s customer support. It is available 24/7 and free of charge.
The form you need to complete has three simple steps. The first one asks for general information and expects you to choose a processing time. The second step wants you to make the payment and review your form, while the third requires you to upload the documents that support your application. After you do everything you are supposed to, submit your request and iVisa will take it from there.
As you can plainly see, getting the confirmation page for a US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Ghana is almost effortless. iVisa will also send you some useful information about what to expect during the interview, as well as how to prepare for it.