Like many other nationalities, the citizens of Hong Kong need to obtain a visa before their trip to the United States. If you plan to travel for business or tourism purposes, a US B1/B2 Visa is in order. Keep in mind that you cannot apply for it online. However, the confirmation page you need at the US embassy is available online, and iVisa can get it for you in as little as 18 hours. We will schedule your interview at the nearest US embassy or consulate as well.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Hong Kong – requirements
The confirmation page does not entail a lengthy process, and the requirements are easy to fulfill as well. Chances are that you already have some of the things you need. Here is what you must have at hand:
- Passport – you cannot start the process for a US B1/B2 Visa if you do not hold a valid passport. The document needs to keep its validity for at least another 6 months from the moment you intend to leave from the US.
- Digital photo – you are required to upload it during the application process. Make sure that it follows all the passport photo guidelines.
- Travel itinerary – this requirement does not apply to travelers who have not made arrangements for their stay in the US.
- Dates of previous trips to the US – again, this is not applicable if this is your first trip to the United States.
- Additional information – depending on the purpose of your trip, you may be asked to present other documents too. It is best if you have at hand every document related to your travels.
- E-mail address – iVisa will send you the confirmation page via e-mail, which is why it is essential for you to provide a valid address. Remember to print out the document when you receive it.
- Means of payment – fortunately, iVisa is versatile as far as payment is concerned. You can use a credit/debit card, but you can pay with PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Hong Kong – the online form
Filling in the application form should not be a difficult task for you, but if you have questions or concerns, keep in mind that you can contact iVisa’s customer support. The service can be reached 24/7 and is free of charge.
Once you access the application page, you need to go through all three steps. During the first one, you must provide general information about yourself and your trip, but iVisa asks that you select a processing time option for your application as well. Keep in mind that your choice determines the price of your US B1/B2 Visa. You can choose from the following:
- Standard processing – it takes 72 hours for your request to be processed, and you are charged $175.
- Rush processing – if you need your confirmation a bit faster, choose this option, and your application will be processed within 24 hours. The cost, this time, is $205.
- Super Rush processing – in case you want your confirmation as soon as possible, choose this one, and you will receive it in just 18 hours. The fee, however, is $225.
The second step consists of payment and revision, while the third expects you to upload the supporting documents for your application. As soon as you finish that task as well, feel free to submit your form and iVisa will handle the rest.
The bottom line is that it is not difficult to obtain a confirmation page for a US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Hong Kong. iVisa will send it to you as soon as it is ready, but you will get information on how to prepare for the interview as well.