As an Indonesian citizen, you are required to apply for a US B1/B2 Visa if you plan to visit the United States for business or tourism. The document cannot be obtained online. However, what you can get online is the confirmation page you are required to have when you go to the US embassy. iVisa can facilitate the application process and we will even handle the interview appointment for you at the nearest US embassy or consulate.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Indonesia – requirements
So that the process can run smoothly, we suggest that you first make sure that you have everything that you need, and then access the application page to fill in the form. With that in mind, you must put together the following:
- Passport – you cannot start the process for a US B1/B2 Visa if you do not hold a valid passport. The document needs to keep its validity for at least another 6 months from the moment you intend to leave from the US.
- Digital photo – you are required to upload it during the application process. Make sure that it follows all the passport photo guidelines.
- Travel itinerary – this requirement does not apply to travelers who have not made arrangements for their stay in the US.
- Dates of previous trips to the US – again, this is not applicable if this is your first trip to the United States.
- Additional information – depending on the purpose of your trip, you may be asked to present other documents too. It is best if you have at hand every document related to your travels.
- E-mail address – iVisa will send you the confirmation page via e-mail, which is why it is essential for you to provide a valid address. Remember to print out the document when you receive it.
- Means of payment – fortunately, iVisa is versatile as far as payment is concerned. You can use a credit/debit card, but you can pay with PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Indonesia – the online application form
After you manage to gather all the items on the list above, you can move on and fill in the application form. It should take you about 20 minutes, but if you need some help, iVisa’s customer support is at your disposal night and day. The service is free.
You will notice that the form asks you to go through three simple steps. The first one requires you to provide your personal information, but you need to select a processing time as well so that the cost of your US B1/B2 Visa can be determined. iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – it takes 72 hours for your request to be processed, and you are charged $175.
- Rush processing – if you need your confirmation a bit faster, choose this option, and your application will be processed within 24 hours. The cost, this time, is $205.
- Super Rush processing – in case you want your confirmation as soon as possible, choose this one, and you will receive it in just 18 hours. The fee, however, is $225.
Moving on to step number two, you need to cover the payment and review your form to make sure the information within is 100% correct. After that, you can go to the last step, which is the moment in which iVisa asks you to upload your application’s supporting documents. When you are done, hit the submit button, and iVisa will take it from there.
The bottom line is that the process of acquiring the confirmation page for a US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Indonesia entails minimal effort. iVisa will send you information about the interview as well. That will help you prepare for it.