Kenyan citizens whose wish is to travel to the United States are required to apply for a US B1/B2 Visa if their trip is for business or tourism purposes. iVisa cannot help you apply for the visa itself, but it can facilitate the online process of getting the confirmation page you need when you go to the embassy for your interview. We can even schedule that for you at the nearest US embassy so that you do not have to.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Kenya – requirements
You will be pleased to find out that the confirmation page you apply for does not require much. In fact, below is a list of things you need before you move on to the application form.
- Passport – you cannot start the process for a US B1/B2 Visa if you do not hold a valid passport. The document needs to keep its validity for at least another 6 months from the moment you intend to leave from the US.
- Digital photo – you are required to upload it during the application process. Make sure that it follows all the passport photo guidelines.
- Travel itinerary – this requirement does not apply to travelers who have not made arrangements for their stay in the US.
- Dates of previous trips to the US – again, this is not applicable if this is your first trip to the United States.
- Additional information – depending on the purpose of your trip, you may be asked to present other documents too. It is best if you have at hand every document related to your travels.
- E-mail address – iVisa will send you the confirmation page via e-mail, which is why it is essential for you to provide a valid address. Remember to print out the document when you receive it.
- Means of payment – fortunately, iVisa is versatile as far as payment is concerned. You can use a credit/debit card, but you can pay with PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Kenya – the online form
The next thing you have to do is to fill in the application form. It is an easy task, but if you need some help, iVisa’s customer support is at your disposal day and night at no charge.
You will notice that the form consists of three steps. The first one covers general information about yourself and your trip, but you also need to choose a processing time for your application. Keep in mind that the option you select determines the cost of your US B1/B2 Visa. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – it takes 72 hours for your request to be processed, and you are charged $175.
- Rush processing – if you need your confirmation a bit faster, choose this option, and your application will be processed within 24 hours. The cost, this time, is $205.
- Super Rush processing – in case you want your confirmation as soon as possible, choose this one, and you will receive it in just 18 hours. The fee, however, is $225.
The second step consists of payment and revision, while the third wants you to upload the documents that support your application. When you finish, hit the submit button, and iVisa will deliver your confirmation page in the timeframe of your choosing.
As you can see, getting the confirmation page for a US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Kenya is not at all problematic. iVisa tries its best to help you and we will even send you valuable information on how to prepare for the interview.