The citizens of Laos cannot cross the US borders without having a visa. For tourism and business purposes, you need to first apply for a US B1/B2 Visa. While you do not have the possibility to apply for it online, you can acquire online the confirmation page you need when you go for your interview at the embassy. iVisa can help you with that, and we will even schedule the interview for you at the nearest US diplomatic mission.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Laos – requirements
Before you can fill in the application form, it is best if you make sure that you have everything that is required for the application process. Fortunately, the documents and the information you need are easy to acquire. They are as follows:
- Passport – you cannot start the process for a US B1/B2 Visa if you do not hold a valid passport. The document needs to keep its validity for at least another 6 months from the moment you intend to leave from the US.
- Digital photo – you are required to upload it during the application process. Make sure that it follows all the passport photo guidelines.
- Travel itinerary – this requirement does not apply to travelers who have not made arrangements for their stay in the US.
- Dates of previous trips to the US – again, this is not applicable if this is your first trip to the United States.
- Additional information – depending on the purpose of your trip, you may be asked to present other documents too. It is best if you have at hand every document related to your travels.
- E-mail address – iVisa will send you the confirmation page via e-mail, which is why it is essential for you to provide a valid address. Remember to print out the document when you receive it.
- Means of payment – fortunately, iVisa is versatile as far as payment is concerned. You can use a credit/debit card, but you can pay with PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Laos – the online application form
What you have to do next is to fill in the application form. It is an easy task, but if you have questions or concerns, or if you need some help, iVisa’s customer support is available 24/7 and free of charge.
You need to go through three steps. The first one expects you to provide general information about yourself and your trip, but you also need to select a processing time for your application. The cost of your US B1/B2 Visa depends on your decision. You are given three options:
- Standard processing – it takes 72 hours for your request to be processed, and you are charged $175.
- Rush processing – if you need your confirmation a bit faster, choose this option, and your application will be processed within 24 hours. The cost, this time, is $205.
- Super Rush processing – in case you want your confirmation as soon as possible, choose this one, and you will receive it in just 18 hours. The fee, however, is $225.
Getting to the second step means that you have to cover the payment and review your form, while step number three requires you to provide iVisa with the documents that support your application. Once the upload is made, you can submit your form and iVisa will take it further.
Needless to say, the process of getting the confirmation page for a US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Laos is incredibly convenient when you apply online with iVisa. We will also send you some information that will help you get ready for the interview.