Most nationalities need to obtain a visa before traveling to the United States. The citizens of Lesotho are among them. If you plan a short stay in the US, then a US B1/B2 Visa is the document you need to obtain. You cannot apply for it online, but you can apply with iVisa for the confirmation page you need when you go to the embassy. We will also set the interview date for you at the nearest US diplomatic mission.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Lesotho – requirements
While the US B1/B2 Visa can be obtained following a complex application process, the confirmation page is not as demanding. In fact, all you need is the following:
- Passport – you cannot start the process for a US B1/B2 Visa if you do not hold a valid passport. The document needs to keep its validity for at least another 6 months from the moment you intend to leave from the US.
- Digital photo – you are required to upload it during the application process. Make sure that it follows all the passport photo guidelines.
- Travel itinerary – this requirement does not apply to travelers who have not made arrangements for their stay in the US.
- Dates of previous trips to the US – again, this is not applicable if this is your first trip to the United States.
- Additional information – depending on the purpose of your trip, you may be asked to present other documents too. It is best if you have at hand every document related to your travels.
- E-mail address – iVisa will send you the confirmation page via e-mail, which is why it is essential for you to provide a valid address. Remember to print out the document when you receive it.
- Means of payment – fortunately, iVisa is versatile as far as payment is concerned. You can use a credit/debit card, but you can pay with PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Lesotho – the online application form
You should not spend more than 20 minutes completing the application form, but just in case you need some help, or you have a few questions about it, iVisa’s customer support is at your disposal 24/7. The service is entirely free of charge.
The form you need to fill in consists of three simple steps. Step one requires you to provide general information about yourself and your trip to the US. This is also the moment when you have to select a processing time for your application. Keep in mind that your choice determines the cost of your US B1/B2 Visa. You have three options at hand:
- Standard processing – it takes 72 hours for your request to be processed, and you are charged $175.
- Rush processing – if you need your confirmation a bit faster, choose this option, and your application will be processed within 24 hours. The cost, this time, is $205.
- Super Rush processing – in case you want your confirmation as soon as possible, choose this one, and you will receive it in just 18 hours. The fee, however, is $225.
When you get to step two, you need to be very careful because you must cover the payment and review your form. Providing only accurate and correct information is crucial. Step three requires you to upload the documents that support your application. After you do that too, you can click on the submit button and iVisa will take it from there.
What you need to remember from all this is that iVisa makes the process of getting the confirmation page for a US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Lesotho incredibly easy. We will even send you some valuable information on what to expect during your interview, as well as a checklist of the documents you need when you go to the embassy.