We are improving our B1/B2 application process to make sure it is up to date with current US visa policy. We will make this product available again soon. In the mean time, below you will find useful information to keep in mind for your US visa application.
According to the visa policy of the United States, Malawian citizens cannot cross the US borders without a visa. If you travel there for tourism or business purposes, you must apply for a US B1/B2 Visa first. You can only do that at the embassy, but the confirmation page you need for your interview is available online, and iVisa can get it for you. We will even take care of the interview appointment for you at the nearest US diplomatic mission.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Malawi – requirements
The requirements for a US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Malawi are precisely the same as for everyone else. They are easy to meet, and you may already have everything that you need, which is as follows:
- Passport – you cannot start the process for a US B1/B2 Visa if you do not hold a valid passport. The document needs to keep its validity for at least another 6 months from the moment you intend to leave from the US.
- Digital photo – you are required to upload it during the application process. Make sure that it follows all the passport photo guidelines.
- Travel itinerary – this requirement does not apply to travelers who have not made arrangements for their stay in the US.
- Dates of previous trips to the US – again, this is not applicable if this is your first trip to the United States.
- Additional information – depending on the purpose of your trip, you may be asked to present other documents too. It is best if you have at hand every document related to your travels.
- E-mail address – iVisa will send you the confirmation page via e-mail, which is why it is essential for you to provide a valid address. Remember to print out the document when you receive it.
- Means of payment – fortunately, iVisa is versatile as far as payment is concerned. You can use a credit/debit card, but you can pay with PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Malawi – processing time and fees
The cost of your US B1/B2 Visa depends on how soon you want it to arrive in your e-mail inbox. iVisa gives you three options so that you can choose the one that is most convenient for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – it takes 72 hours for your request to be processed, and you are charged $175.
- Rush processing – if you need your confirmation a bit faster, choose this option, and your application will be processed within 24 hours. The cost, this time, is $205.
- Super Rush processing – in case you want your confirmation as soon as possible, choose this one, and you will receive it in just 18 hours. The fee, however, is $225.
The online application form
We will give you a short synthesis of the application form so that you know what to expect. But first, you should know that iVisa’s customer support is available 24/7 and entirely free of charge if you need some help or have some questions.
The form created by iVisa has three simple steps. The first one covers the general information and the processing time. The second requires you to make the payment and revise your form, while the third focuses on supporting documents and asks that you upload them. When it is over, you hit the submit button and iVisa takes it from there.
As you can plainly see, the process of obtaining the confirmation page for a US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Malawi entails minimal effort on your behalf. We will send you some information about the interview as well so that you can get ready for it.