As a Mauritanian citizen, you cannot travel to the United States unless you get a valid visa first. If your trip is for business and/or tourism purposes, you are required to apply for a US B1/B2 Visa, which you cannot get online. However, when you go to the US embassy, you need a confirmation page and that document can be obtained online with iVisa. We will also handle the interview appointment for you at the nearest US embassy or consulate.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Mauritania – requirements
Fortunately, you do not have to go through too much trouble when you put together the documents and information you need for the online application process. All you need is the following:
- Passport – all applicants who want a US B1/B2 Visa must have a passport that is valid for at least another 6 months from the date of the intended departure from the US. Do not forget to check its expiration date before you apply.
- Digital photo – as far as the picture is concerned, you need to make sure that it follows all the official guidelines for a passport photo (taken recently, white background, etc.)
- Dates of last 5 trips to the US – obviously, this requirement does not apply to you if you have never been in the United States.
- Travel itinerary – this requirement is also optional in case you have not made all the arrangements for your trip yet.
- Additional information – keep in mind that you may be asked to provide information on almost anything related to your trip to the US. You must be prepared with all the documents you have and that are related to your travels.
- E-mail address – the address you provide must be valid and correctly spelled. After all, you receive your confirmation page via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print out the document before you attend your interview at the embassy.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment so that you can choose the one that is most convenient for you. You are allowed to pay using credit/debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Mauritania – the online application form
One last thing you have to do to get your confirmation page is to fill in an application form. That is an easy task that you should complete in about 20 minutes. However, if you need some help, iVisa’s customer support is available 24/7 and free of charge.
The form is broken down into three simple steps. The first one focuses on personal information and processing time. As for the latter, keep in mind that your choice determines the cost of your US B1/B2 Visa, and you are given three options:
- Standard processing – it takes 72 hours for your application to be processed, and you must pay $175.
- Rush processing – this time, you have to wait 24 hours for your confirmation page to be delivered, but the fee is $205.
- Super Rush processing – your application is processed within just 18 hours, but you are charged $225.
The second step asks that you make the payment and review your form, while the third requires you to upload the documents that support your application. When you finish doing that, you can submit your request and iVisa will take it from there.
The bottom line is that the online process of getting the confirmation page for a US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Mauritania is incredibly convenient with iVisa. You will also receive useful information about what to expect during your interview and what documents to take with you when you go to the US embassy.