We are improving our B1/B2 application process to make sure it is up to date with current US visa policy. We will make this product available again soon. In the mean time, below you will find useful information to keep in mind for your US visa application.
The citizens of Mauritius must apply for a US B1/B2 Visa if they plan to visit the United States for business or tourism purposes. You cannot obtain online the visa itself, but the confirmation page you need when you go to the embassy is available online, and iVisa can help you get it. We will also schedule the interview for you at the nearest US embassy once your application is processed.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Mauritius – requirements
The first thing on your to-do list is to make sure that you can provide iVisa with everything that is required for a successful application process. You will need the following:
- Valid passport – to apply for a US B1/B2 Visa, you need to be a passport holder. At the same time, check its expiration date to make sure it remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date you intend to leave the US.
- Digital photo – the picture needs to follow all the guidelines for a passport photo. For example, it needs to be taken on a white background, as recent as possible, etc.
- Travel itinerary – this is not necessary if you did not have the chance to make the arrangements yet.
- Dates of 5 previous trips to the US – this requirement does not apply to travelers who have never visited the United States before.
- Additional information – you can be asked to present anything else related to your trip, depending on its purpose. Make sure to have at hand whatever documents that have something to do with your travels.
- E-mail address – since iVisa will send you the confirmation page via e-mail in PDF format, make sure that the address you provide is accurate and that you have access to it. You need to print out the confirmation before attending your interview.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment so that you can use the one that is most convenient for you. You can use credit/debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Mauritius – the online application form
After you put together the documents and the information listed above, you can proceed to fill in the application form. The task should not take you more than 20 minutes, but if you need some help, do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer support. It is available 24/7 and free of charge.
You will have to go through three steps when you fill in the form. During the first one, you need to give your personal information, a few details about your trip, and passport info. You will also be asked to select a processing time for your application, which will determine the cost of your US B1/B2 Visa. You can choose from three options:
- Standard processing time – your request is processed within 72 hours, and you are required to pay $175.
- Rush processing time – the in-between option means that you get your confirmation page in 24 hours, and the cost is $205.
- Super Rush processing time – the fastest option at hand means that your application is processed within just 18 hours, and the fee is $225.
When you get to the second step, you are required to make the payment and review your form, while the third one will ask you to upload all the documents that support your application. When you are done, submit your form and iVisa will take it from there.
As you can see, getting the confirmation page for a US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Mauritius is not a complicated task. iVisa will also send you some information that will prove useful in the process of getting ready for the interview.