Mexican citizens who plan to travel to the United States for business or pleasure are required to first apply for a US B1/B2 Visa. It is not possible to apply for it online, but what you can obtain online is the confirmation page you need when you go to the embassy for your interview. iVisa can help you get the confirmation page, and we will also handle the interview appointment for you at the nearest US embassy or consulate.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Mexico – the requirements
One of the first thing you need to do when you apply for the confirmation page is to make sure that you can put together all the documents and information necessary for the application process. What you need is as follows:
- Valid passport – to apply for a US B1/B2 Visa, you need to be a passport holder. At the same time, check its expiration date to make sure it remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date you intend to leave the US.
- Digital photo – the picture needs to follow all the guidelines for a passport photo. For example, it needs to be taken on a white background, as recent as possible, etc.
- Travel itinerary – this is not necessary if you did not have the chance to make the arrangements yet.
- Dates of 5 previous trips to the US – this requirement does not apply to travelers who have never visited the United States before.
- Additional information – you can be asked to present anything else related to your trip, depending on its purpose. Make sure to have at hand whatever documents that have something to do with your travels.
- E-mail address – since iVisa will send you the confirmation page via e-mail in PDF format, make sure that the address you provide is accurate and that you have access to it. You need to print out the confirmation before attending your interview.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment so that you can use the one that is most convenient for you. You can use credit/debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Mexico – the online application form
The next thing you need to handle is the application form itself. It should take you about 20 minutes to complete this task, but do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer support if you need some help or have questions regarding the process. The service can be reached 24/7.
You will notice that you must go through three steps. The first step wants you to provide your personal information and select a processing time option for your application. Just keep in mind that the choice you make determines the cost of your US B1/B2 Visa. You can choose from the following:
- Standard processing time – your request is processed within 72 hours, and you are required to pay $175.
- Rush processing time – the in-between option means that you get your confirmation page in 24 hours, and the cost is $205.
- Super Rush processing time – the fastest option at hand means that your application is processed within just 18 hours, and the fee is $225.
The second step expects you to make the payment and carefully review the information within your form, while the third requires you to upload the documents that support your application. Once you go through all three steps, you can click on the submit button and iVisa will take it from there.
The bottom line is that the process of acquiring the confirmation page for a US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Mexico is not complicated at all. iVisa will also send you some useful information on how to thoroughly prepare for your interview at the US embassy.