The citizens of Namibia cannot travel to the United States unless they apply for a visa first. If your trip is for business or tourism purposes, or both, you need to get a US B1/B2 Visa. While you cannot obtain it online, you can acquire online the confirmation page you are required to have when you go to the embassy. iVisa can help with that and we will even set the interview date for you at the nearest US diplomatic mission.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Namibia – requirements
You should have no issues in meeting the requirements because the list is relatively short, and the items on it are quite easy to get your hands on. You will need the following for the application process:
- Valid passport – to apply for a US B1/B2 Visa, you need to be a passport holder. At the same time, check its expiration date to make sure it remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date you intend to leave the US.
- Digital photo – the picture needs to follow all the guidelines for a passport photo. For example, it needs to be taken on a white background, as recent as possible, etc.
- Travel itinerary – this is not necessary if you did not have the chance to make the arrangements yet.
- Dates of 5 previous trips to the US – this requirement does not apply to travelers who have never visited the United States before.
- Additional information – you can be asked to present anything else related to your trip, depending on its purpose. Make sure to have at hand whatever documents that have something to do with your travels.
- E-mail address – since iVisa will send you the confirmation page via e-mail in PDF format, make sure that the address you provide is accurate and that you have access to it. You need to print out the confirmation before attending your interview.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment so that you can use the one that is most convenient for you. You can use credit/debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Namibia – the online application form
Now that you know what you need, we will describe the application form step by step. But first of all, it is important to understand that iVisa’s customer support is at your disposal day and night should you have questions or concerns. The service is free of charge.
The application form you must complete is broken down into three steps. The first one wants you to give iVisa your personal information and select a processing time. The latter is a factor that determines the cost of your US B1/B2 Visa. iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing time – your request is processed within 72 hours, and you are required to pay $175.
- Rush processing time – the in-between option means that you get your confirmation page in 24 hours, and the cost is $205.
- Super Rush processing time – the fastest option at hand means that your application is processed within just 18 hours, and the fee is $225.
During the second step, you need to cover the payment and carefully review your form. It is crucial that all the information you provide is 100% accurate. Otherwise, your confirmation page will be invalid.
The third and last step is reserved for supporting documents. iVisa will give you instructions on how to upload them. After you complete this step as well, you can hit the submit button and iVisa will take it from there.
As you can see, it is not difficult to get the confirmation page for a US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Namibia. For your benefit, iVisa will even send you some information that will help you prepare for the interview at the US embassy.