As a Nepalese citizen, you are not allowed to cross the US borders unless you hold a valid visa. For short stays, you need to apply for a US B1/B2 Visa, but it is not possible for you to apply online. However, you can get online the confirmation page you need when you go to the embassy. iVisa can facilitate the application process and we will even schedule an interview for you at the nearest US embassy.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Nepal – requirements
The good news is that you do not have to worry about the requirements at all. A confirmation page is less demanding than the visa itself. Even so, you still need to be able to provide a few things. They are as follows:
- Valid passport – to apply for a US B1/B2 Visa, you need to be a passport holder. At the same time, check its expiration date to make sure it remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date you intend to leave the US.
- Digital photo – the picture needs to follow all the guidelines for a passport photo. For example, it needs to be taken on a white background, as recent as possible, etc.
- Travel itinerary – this is not necessary if you did not have the chance to make the arrangements yet.
- Dates of 5 previous trips to the US – this requirement does not apply to travelers who have never visited the United States before.
- Additional information – you can be asked to present anything else related to your trip, depending on its purpose. Make sure to have at hand whatever documents that have something to do with your travels.
- E-mail address – since iVisa will send you the confirmation page via e-mail in PDF format, make sure that the address you provide is accurate and that you have access to it. You need to print out the confirmation before attending your interview.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment so that you can use the one that is most convenient for you. You can use credit/debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Nepal – the online application form
After you put together all of the above, you can move on and fill in the form. It is generally perceived as an easy task, but if you need assistance, iVisa’s support service is available 24/7 via phone or online chat. You will not be charged for using it.
When you access the application page, you will see that you are required to go through three steps. The first one covers the personal information and the processing time. The latter represents the factor that determines the cost of your US B1/B2 Visa and you are given three choices:
- Standard processing time – your request is processed within 72 hours, and you are required to pay $175.
- Rush processing time – the in-between option means that you get your confirmation page in 24 hours, and the cost is $205.
- Super Rush processing time – the fastest option at hand means that your application is processed within just 18 hours, and the fee is $225.
The second step wants you to make the payment and read your form to make sure it does not contain errors, while the third asks you to upload your application’s supporting documents. When you are done, just click on the submit button and iVisa will handle the rest.
As you can see, acquiring the confirmation page for a US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Nepal is not a process that entails too much effort. iVisa wants to help you even further, which is why you will also receive information that will help you prepare for your interview at the embassy.