Like most of the nationalities, the citizens of Romania are needed to apply for a US B1/B2 Visa if they plan to go to the United States for tourism or business purposes. While you cannot obtain the visa itself online, what you can acquire online is the confirmation page you are required to have when you go to the embassy. iVisa will even make the appointment for your interview at the nearest US diplomatic mission.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Romania – requirements
What you will be pleased to learn is that the confirmation page application process is not as demanding as the visa itself as far as the requirements are concerned. You only need the following:
- Valid passport – to apply for a US B1/B2 Visa, you need to be a passport holder. At the same time, check its expiration date to make sure it remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date you intend to leave the US.
- Digital photo – the picture needs to follow all the guidelines for a passport photo. For example, it needs to be taken on a white background, as recent as possible, etc.
- Travel itinerary – this is not necessary if you did not have the chance to make the arrangements yet.
- Dates of 5 previous trips to the US – this requirement does not apply to travelers who have never visited the United States before.
- Additional information – you can be asked to present anything else related to your trip, depending on its purpose. Make sure to have at hand whatever documents that have something to do with your travels.
- E-mail address – since iVisa will send you the confirmation page via e-mail in PDF format, make sure that the address you provide is accurate and that you have access to it. You need to print out the confirmation before attending your interview.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment so that you can use the one that is most convenient for you. You can use credit/debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Romania – the online application form
For your benefit, iVisa created an application form that consists of three steps. If you are experiencing any difficulties in completing them, you can contact iVisa’s customer support. The service is available day and night, and it is entirely free of charge.
Step number one requires you to provide your personal information and select a processing time. The latter determines the cost of your US B1/B2 Visa. iVisa gives you three options so that you can choose the one that best suits your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing time – your request is processed within 72 hours, and you are required to pay $175.
- Rush processing time – the in-between option means that you get your confirmation page in 24 hours, and the cost is $205.
- Super Rush processing time – the fastest option at hand means that your application is processed within just 18 hours, and the fee is $225.
The second step is in charge of the payment and the review, while the third asks you to upload the documents that support your application. As soon as you complete all three steps, you are ready to submit your request and iVisa will process it in the timeframe of your choosing.
The bottom line is that getting the confirmation page for a US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Romania is not a complicated task. You will even receive useful information that should help you prepare thoroughly for your interview at the US embassy.