We are improving our B1/B2 application process to make sure it is up to date with current US visa policy. We will make this product available again soon. In the mean time, below you will find useful information to keep in mind for your US visa application.
The citizens of Somalia do not have the possibility to travel to the United States without a visa. If you are planning a trip there for business or pleasure, you have to apply for a US B1/B2 Visa. You can only get the visa itself at the embassy, but what you can acquire online is the confirmation page you need when you go there. iVisa can help you with the application process, and we will even schedule the interview for you at the nearest US diplomatic mission.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Somalia – requirements
One of the first things you must do before taking care of the application form is to ensure that you are able to provide iVisa with everything it requires to get the process started. You will need the following:
- Passport – to apply for a confirmation page, you need to be a passport holder. Make sure to look at its expiration date before application because the document has to be valid for at least another 6 months from the date of your intended departure from the US.
- Digital photo – make sure that the picture follows all the official guidelines for a passport photo. For example, it must be taken recently.
- Travel itinerary – this requirement does not apply if you did not have the chance to make all the arrangements yet.
- Dates of 5 previous trips to the US – as you can imagine, this requirement does not apply to you if you have never been to the United States.
- Additional information – you need to be prepared with all the documents you have that are related to your trip. You may be asked to provide any extra information you have about your travels.
- E-mail address – the confirmation page you apply for arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Make sure you provide a valid and correct address. Also, remember to print out the document you receive before you go to the embassy for your interview.
- Means of payment – iVisa allows you to use multiple methods of payment. You can pay with a credit or debit card, but if you have PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat, you can use one of them as well.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Somalia – the online application form
First things first, you need to know that iVisa’s customer support is available day and night should you need assistance while you fill in the application form. The service is entirely free of charge.
The form you must complete consists of three easy steps. The first step wants you to give general information about yourself and your trip, but you also have to select a processing time for your application, an action which determines the cost of your US B1/B2 Visa. You are presented with three options:
- Standard processing – you must wait 72 hours for your application to be processed, and the fee is $175.
- Rush processing – your confirmation page arrives within 24 hours, and you are charged $205.
- Super Rush processing – it takes only 18 hours for iVisa to process your application, but you have to pay $225.
The second step requires you to handle the payment and carefully review your form, while the third asks that you upload your application’s supporting documents. After you do that, you can submit your request and iVisa will send you your confirmation page in the agreed timeframe.
Needless to say, there is nothing complicated about the process of getting the confirmation page for a US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Somalia. You will even receive useful information that will help you prepare for your interview at the US embassy.