Sri Lankan citizens who plan to travel to the United States cannot do so unless they get a visa first. In case your travels are for business or tourism purposes, you must apply for a US B1/B2 Visa , but it is not possible to do that online. However, the confirmation page you need when you go to the embassy is available online, and iVisa can help you get it. Furthermore, we will schedule the interview for you at the nearest US embassy or consulate as soon as your application is processed.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Sri Lanka – requirements
Before moving on to the application form, we would like to let you know what you need for a successful application process. The list below should clear things up for you.
- Passport – to apply for a confirmation page , you need to be a passport holder. Make sure to look at its expiration date before application because the document has to be valid for at least another 6 months from the date of your intended departure from the US.
- Digital photo – make sure that the picture follows all the official guidelines for a passport photo. For example, it must be taken recently.
- Travel itinerary – this requirement does not apply if you did not have the chance to make all the arrangements yet.
- Dates of 5 previous trips to the US – as you can imagine, this requirement does not apply to you if you have never been to the United States.
- Additional information – you need to be prepared with all the documents you have that are related to your trip. You may be asked to provide any extra information you have about your travels.
- E-mail address – the confirmation page you apply for arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Make sure you provide a valid and correct address. Also, remember to print out the document you receive before you go to the embassy for your interview.
- Means of payment – iVisa allows you to use multiple methods of payment. You can pay with a credit or debit card, but if you have PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat, you can use one of them as well.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Sri Lanka – the online application form
Now that it is clear what you need, we would like to help you understand what the application form is about. However, before describing it to you, we want for you to know that in case you need some help completing this task, you can contact iVisa’s customer support. The service is available 24/7 and is entirely free of charge.
The form has three steps. The first one focuses on general information and processing time. As far as the latter is concerned, keep in mind that the option you choose determines the cost of your US B1/B2 Visa . You can opt for one of the following:
- Standard processing – you must wait 72 hours for your application to be processed, and the fee is $175.
- Rush processing – your confirmation page arrives within 24 hours, and you are charged $205.
- Super Rush processing – it takes only 18 hours for iVisa to process your application, but you have to pay $225.
The second step consists of payment and revision, while the third expects you to upload the documents that support your application. When you are finished, you can submit your form and iVisa will take it from there.
The bottom line is that getting the confirmation page for a US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Sri Lanka does not involve too much of an effort on your part. iVisa will even send you valuable information to help you get ready for your interview at the US embassy.