Like the majority of nationalities, the citizens of Tanzania are required to apply for a US B1/B2 Visa before traveling to the United States for business or tourism purposes. The document cannot be obtained online, but you have the possibility to acquire online the confirmation page you need when you go for your interview at the embassy. iVisa will also handle the appointment for you at the nearest US diplomatic mission.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Tanzania – requirements
You will be pleased to know that the process of getting the confirmation page is not as demanding as applying for the visa itself. You only need the following documents and information:
- Passport – to apply for a confirmation page, you need to be a passport holder. Make sure to look at its expiration date before application because the document has to be valid for at least another 6 months from the date of your intended departure from the US.
- Digital photo – make sure that the picture follows all the official guidelines for a passport photo. For example, it must be taken recently.
- Travel itinerary – this requirement does not apply if you did not have the chance to make all the arrangements yet.
- Dates of 5 previous trips to the US – as you can imagine, this requirement does not apply to you if you have never been to the United States.
- Additional information – you need to be prepared with all the documents you have that are related to your trip. You may be asked to provide any extra information you have about your travels.
- E-mail address – the confirmation page you apply for arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Make sure you provide a valid and correct address. Also, remember to print out the document you receive before you go to the embassy for your interview.
- Means of payment – iVisa allows you to use multiple methods of payment. You can pay with a credit or debit card, but if you have PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat, you can use one of them as well.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Tanzania – the online application form
The application form you must fill in consists of three simple steps. However, if you are having difficulties in completing the task, you can contact iVisa’s customer support. The service is reachable 24/7 and is free of charge.
The first step will ask you to insert general information about yourself and your trip to the States, but you also have to select a processing time for your application. Keep in mind that your choice is a factor that determines the price of your US B1/B2 Visa. iVisa came up with three options:
- Standard processing – you must wait 72 hours for your application to be processed, and the fee is $175.
- Rush processing – your confirmation page arrives within 24 hours, and you are charged $205.
- Super Rush processing – it takes only 18 hours for iVisa to process your application, but you have to pay $225.
When you reach the second step, you will see that you are asked to make the payment and carefully review your form. The third and last step covers the supporting documents of your application. You need to upload them. As soon as you are done, you are free to hit the submit button and iVisa will take things further.
As you can see, there is nothing challenging about getting the confirmation page for a US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Tanzania. For your benefit, iVisa will even send you useful information about the interview and what to expect during the application process at the US embassy.