As a Gambian citizen who wishes to travel to the United States, you need to first apply for a US B1/B2 Visa. That is if your trip is for business or tourism purposes. Or both. It is not possible for you to obtain the document online. However, the confirmation page you need when you go to the embassy for your interview can be acquired online, and iVisa will help you get it. Also, we will schedule the appointment at the nearest US embassy or consulate so that you do not have to.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of the Gambia – requirements
The requirements for a confirmation page for Gambian citizens are the same as for everyone else. You must be able to provide the following:
- Passport – you cannot apply for a US B1/B2 visa unless you have a valid passport that maintains its status for at least 6 months beyond the intended period of stay in the US.
- Digital photo – for the picture to be valid, it needs to follow all the passport photo guidelines. For example, it needs to be taken recently.
- Travel itinerary – if you have already made the arrangements, you should put them together in a document.
- Dates of previous stays in the US – as you can imagine, this does not apply if you have never been in the United States before.
- Additional information – this depends on the purpose of your trip to the US. But keep in mind that you can be asked to provide information on almost anything that can be proved using an existing document (i.e., cooking class signup).
- E-mail address – since the confirmation page arrives via e-mail, you need to provide a valid address to which you have access. Do not forget to print the confirmation before your interview. You will be asked to present it.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can use the conventional credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are accepted as well.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of the Gambia – the online application form
After you notice that you have all of the documents and information listed above, you are ready to move on and fill in the application form. It should take you about 20 minutes to complete this task, but keep in mind that iVisa’s customer support is at your disposal 24/7 should you need a little help. The service is free of charge.
What you will notice is that the form you must complete consists of three steps. During the first one, all you have to do is provide general information about yourself and your trip to the US, but you need to decide on a processing time option as well. Just bear in mind that your choice determines the cost of your US B1/B2 Visa. You can opt for one of the following:
- Standard processing – it takes 72 hours for your application to be processed, and you will spend $175.
- Rush processing – your confirmation page arrives within 24 hours since submission, and it costs $205.
- Super Rush processing – your application is processed within 18 hours, but you are charged $225.
When you get to the second step, you need to handle the payment and review your form so that all the information in it is 100% accurate. And lastly, the third step will ask you to upload the documents that support your application. When all three steps are complete, submit your request, and iVisa will do the rest.
As you can see, getting the confirmation page for a US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Gambia is not at all complicated. Moreover, iVisa will send you useful information on what to expect during your interview at the US embassy, as well as a checklist of documents you need to bring along. That will help you prepare better.