The citizens of the Maldives, like most nationalities, need to apply for a US B1/B2 Visa if they plan a trip to the United States for business or pleasure. iVisa cannot help you get the visa online because it is not possible, but it can help you acquire the confirmation page you need when you go for your interview at the embassy. We even schedule it for you at the nearest US diplomatic mission.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of the Maldives – requirements
You will be happy to know that the list of requirements for a confirmation page is not very long, and it contains items that are generally easy to acquire. Here is what you need for a successful application process:
- Valid passport – to apply for a US B1/B2 Visa, you need to be a passport holder. At the same time, check its expiration date to make sure it remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date you intend to leave the US.
- Digital photo – the picture needs to follow all the guidelines for a passport photo. For example, it needs to be taken on a white background, as recent as possible, etc.
- Travel itinerary – this is not necessary if you did not have the chance to make the arrangements yet.
- Dates of 5 previous trips to the US – this requirement does not apply to travelers who have never visited the United States before.
- Additional information – you can be asked to present anything else related to your trip, depending on its purpose. Make sure to have at hand whatever documents that have something to do with your travels.
- E-mail address – since iVisa will send you the confirmation page via e-mail in PDF format, make sure that the address you provide is accurate and that you have access to it. You need to print out the confirmation before attending your interview.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment so that you can use the one that is most convenient for you. You can use credit/debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of the Maldives – the online application form
Once you make sure that you have everything necessary, you can proceed to fill in the application form. It should not be a problematic task for you, but if you need assistance, you can reach iVisa’s customer support. The service is available 24/7 and is free of charge.
The form you need to complete has three steps. The first one wants you to provide general information about yourself and your trip. At the same time, you need to select a processing time option for your application. This is the factor on which the cost of your US B1/B2 Visa depends. You can choose one of the following:
- Standard processing time – your request is processed within 72 hours, and you are required to pay $175.
- Rush processing time – the in-between option means that you get your confirmation page in 24 hours, and the cost is $205.
- Super Rush processing time – the fastest option at hand means that your application is processed within just 18 hours, and the fee is $225.
The second step consists of payment and revision, while the third asks you to upload the documents that iVisa thinks are necessary to support your application. As soon as you are done, click the submit button and iVisa will take it from there.
As you can see, obtaining the confirmation page for a US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of the Maldives is easy. iVisa will send you some information about the interview as well. We want you to be prepared as good as possible.