As a Ugandan citizen, you cannot travel to the United States unless you hold a valid visa. If your trip is for business or/and tourism, then you must apply for a US B1/B2 Visa. While the visa itself cannot be obtained online, the confirmation page you are required to have when you go to the embassy can and iVisa can help with that. We will even schedule the interview for you at the most convenient US embassy or consulate.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Uganda – requirements
If there is one thing you do not have to worry about, it is meeting the requirements. The list of documents and information you need is quite short, and it contains the following:
- Passport – all applicants who want a US B1/B2 Visa must have a passport that is valid for at least another 6 months from the date of the intended departure from the US. Do not forget to check its expiration date before you apply.
- Digital photo – as far as the picture is concerned, you need to make sure that it follows all the official guidelines for a passport photo (taken recently, white background, etc.)
- Dates of last 5 trips to the US – obviously, this requirement does not apply to you if you have never been in the United States.
- Travel itinerary – this requirement is also optional in case you have not made all the arrangements for your trip yet.
- Additional information – keep in mind that you may be asked to provide information on almost anything related to your trip to the US. You must be prepared with all the documents you have and that are related to your travels.
- E-mail address – the address you provide must be valid and correctly spelled. After all, you receive your confirmation page via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print out the document before you attend your interview at the embassy.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment so that you can choose the one that is most convenient for you. You are allowed to pay using credit/debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Uganda – the online form
As you can imagine, you have to fill in an application form as well, but that should not give you any troubles. However, if you need a little help, iVisa’s customer support can be reached 24/7 via online chat or phone. The service is free of charge.
You will see that the form is divided into three parts. The first one asks for general information about yourself and a few details about your trip to the US. This is also the point at which you need to select a processing time for your application so that the fee for your US B1/B2 Visa can be determined. iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – it takes 72 hours for your application to be processed, and you must pay $175.
- Rush processing – this time, you have to wait 24 hours for your confirmation page to be delivered, but the fee is $205.
- Super Rush processing – your application is processed within just 18 hours, but you are charged $225.
The second part is in charge of payment and revision, while the third wants you to give iVisa the documents that support your application. You will be asked to upload them. When you complete that task as well, you can submit your form and iVisa will process it in the timeframe of your choosing.
As you can see, there is nothing complicated about the process of getting the confirmation page for a US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Uganda. To help you further, iVisa will even send you information about what to expect during your interview and what documents you need to bring with you to the US embassy.