The citizens of Uruguay who plan to travel to the United States need to apply for a US B1/B2 Visa before their departure. The document covers both tourism and business purposes. It is true that you are not given the possibility to apply for it online, but the confirmation page you need when you go to the US embassy can be obtained online, and iVisa created a fast application process for you. We will also schedule the interview for you at the nearest US diplomatic mission.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Uruguay – requirements
Before you do anything else, you need to make sure that you can provide iVisa with everything it requires for your application process. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – all applicants who want a US B1/B2 Visa must have a passport that is valid for at least another 6 months from the date of the intended departure from the US. Do not forget to check its expiration date before you apply.
- Digital photo – as far as the picture is concerned, you need to make sure that it follows all the official guidelines for a passport photo (taken recently, white background, etc.)
- Dates of last 5 trips to the US – obviously, this requirement does not apply to you if you have never been in the United States.
- Travel itinerary – this requirement is also optional in case you have not made all the arrangements for your trip yet.
- Additional information – keep in mind that you may be asked to provide information on almost anything related to your trip to the US. You must be prepared with all the documents you have and that are related to your travels.
- E-mail address – the address you provide must be valid and correctly spelled. After all, you receive your confirmation page via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print out the document before you attend your interview at the embassy.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment so that you can choose the one that is most convenient for you. You are allowed to pay using credit/debit cards, PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Uruguay – the online application form
As soon as you notice that you have everything you need, you can go ahead and fill in the application form. Typically, it takes people about 20 minutes to complete this task. However, if you need help, you can contact iVisa’s customer support. The service can be reached 24/7 and is free of charge.
You will notice that iVisa divided the form into three steps. That should make things easier for you. The first one wants you to give general information about yourself as well as your trip, but you need to select a processing time too. Keep in mind that your choice in the matter determines the cost of your US B1/B2 Visa. Here are your options:
- Standard processing – it takes 72 hours for your application to be processed, and you must pay $175.
- Rush processing – this time, you have to wait 24 hours for your confirmation page to be delivered, but the fee is $205.
- Super Rush processing – your application is processed within just 18 hours, but you are charged $225.
The second step focuses on payment and revision, while the third on supporting documents. iVisa will want you to upload them. After you do that, you can click on the submit button and iVisa will deliver the confirmation page in the timeframe of your choosing.
As you can see, the online process of getting the confirmation page for a US B1/B2 Visa for the citizens of Uruguay involves little effort on your part. You will also get some information that will help you better prepare for your interview at the US embassy.