U.S. Visa for Australians

U.S. Visa for Australians

iVisa | Updated on Jan 12, 2020

There is a lot of hype about visiting the United States, likely because the culture there is so vastly different from any other country. As a democratic nation filled with a mix of different cultures, belief systems, and values, the U.S. can be a captivating and incredible place to visit.

Many Australians, when choosing where to travel abroad, opt to visit the United States. Whether you want to explore American treasures like the Grand Canyon or visit famous cities like New York City, Los Angeles, or Chicago, there’s always something fun for tourists to do and see.

If you’re preparing for your U.S. trip, make sure you have all of your bases covered as far as documentation is concerned and apply online. Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about travel visas to the U.S.


Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

I have an Australian passport, do I need a visa to visit the United States?

Not exactly, but Australians will need an ESTA. You can check the requirements here.

What is an Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA)?

The Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) is an automated system that assists in determining eligibility to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) and whether such travel poses any law enforcement or security risk. Upon completion of an ESTA application, a traveler is notified of his or her eligibility to travel to the United States under the VWP.

What is a Visa Waiver Program (VWP)?

The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) is administered by the DHS (Dept. of Homeland Security) and enables eligible citizens or nationals of designated countries to travel to the United States for tourism or business (for stays of up to 90 days) without first obtaining a visa.

How long is the ESTA valid for?

Your ESTA will have a validity of 2 years after issued and it grants Multiple Entry for a maximum stay of 90 days Per Entry.

What are the documents required to apply?

Before applying online, you just will need:

  • An electronic passport with a digital chip containing biometric info and with at least 6-month validity from the planned date of entry.

  • Your passport number and Personal Identification Number (PIN).

What are the processing times and prices?

For the ESTA, iVisa has three options of processing time and prices, and they are as follows:

  • Standard processing – your application is processed within 24 hours, and the price is USD 29.00 (service fees included).

  • Rush processing – you will receive your ESTA within 4 hours, and the total price of it is USD 59.00 (service fees included).

  • Super rush processing – this is the fastest option. You will have your ESTA in only 30 minutes, and you will be charged USD 79.00 (service fees included).

Click here to start your application.

How long does it take to apply for an ESTA?

The application form for an ESTA will take you less than 10 minutes. Next, we will let you know the status of the application by email.

How can I apply for an ESTA?

The application for an ESTA is really simple. It consists of three easy steps:

  1. The first step will ask you to fill in your general information. You also need to choose the processing time from the options mentioned above.

  2. The second step will ask you to revise step one and make the payment.

  3. The last step consists of a questionnaire. Other documents may be required as well, but it depends on personal circumstances.

Click here to start. In case you need assistance to fill your application, iVisa has a fantastic support service that you can call 24/7.

What happens after I have applied?

Once the application is done, you just need to wait for us to send you an email to notify you about your eligibility to travel to the United States under the VWP.

Does the ESTA guarantee admission into the United States?

No. If your ESTA is approved, it only states that you are eligible to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program, but does not guarantee that you are admissible to the United States. Upon arrival in the USA, you will be inspected by an immigration officer who will determine if you are admissible under the Visa Waiver Program and/or any other United States law.

Do I need to get an ESTA for my kids too?

Yes, accompanied and unaccompanied children (regardless of age) require their own ESTA prior to their travel to the US. Children listed on their parents' passport do not qualify for an ESTA. Children must have their own (unexpired) passport in order to qualify for an ESTA.

How can I apply for my family or friends?

You can perfectly apply for others just making sure you have all the required documents (you can see above in this article). You can apply here introducing his or her data. In case you need to apply for more than one person, you can do so by clicking on ‘Add new applicant’ in the application form and completing the data required.

What can I do if I make a mistake in my application?

If you made a mistake when entering your data online then please contact our customer service representatives as soon as possible via online chat to assist you.

Remember that if we already submitted your application, then you CANNOT make any changes and you will have to apply again but we will NOT charge you another service fee.

How does an ESTA look like?

Here's an example:

Fill me in

Is it safe to use iVisa to get my ESTA?

iVisa provides maximum safety for your personal data, confidentiality, and we invest a lot in the security of our database. Your personal information could not be safer. You can check what hundreds of satisfied customers say about us here.

I have more questions, where can I find more info?

For fast answers, click here and start chatting with one of our customer service representatives. Alternatively, you can find more info and FAQs here.

Share this article on:
Need Help?