The USA has always been a popular travel destination, but with the extremely long flights involved in reaching most parts of America from Japan, most travelers are looking to do everything they can to make the process of getting ready for the trip and getting through customs as easy as possible.
Using our easy electronic visa process is one way that you can reduce the time and stress associated with the journey and helps to ensure you are not quite as exhausted when you arrive on American soil.
Is There a Separate Visa Process for Hawaii vs. the Continental US
No, the visa process is the same. One application and travel document covers the entire United States including Hawaii and Alaska. However, travel documents for Canada may be required if you plan to fly into the Pacific Northwest region of the United States (Oregon and Washington) and then drive to Alaska or vice versa. We can help with that too! If your trip only involves traveling to the USA, you will visit the US Visa for Japanese site here. If you need to add Canada to your plans, you can either just change the country indicated on the form or can click here to have us perform that step on your behalf.
Is an Electronic Travel Document the Most Appropriate Choice?
The US Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) is the standard system for travelers obtaining documents to visit the US from countries covered by the US travel visa waiver program. Although it is certainly still possible to obtain a paper visa or stamp to place in a passport, this is seldom done now except in cases where a traveler is collecting these more dated documents for nostalgia purposes. An actual paper visa or visa stamp is also likely to be considerably more expensive and time-consuming than using the ESTA system.
There is also the question of peace of mind. If a paper document is misplaced and you are already at the airport waiting for an international flight that cannot be delayed, you are better off having a travel document that can be quickly replaced via our 24-hour customer service.
How Long Will It Take to Get My Visa and How Much Does it Cost?
We recommend planning 30 minutes from the time you complete your application, but sometimes they are finished and emailed to you within 15 minutes. The application itself is very simple to use and gets rave reviews from our customers. To qualify for an e-visa, you will need a valid electronic passport with a digital chip containing bio-metric info. You will also need to answer some simple personal questions, and a valid credit/debit card or Paypal account. Having all of this lined up ahead of time will help ensure you can get through the process quickly. The ESTA for Japanese citizens traveling to the USA costs $14, and the service fee is $15.
How Long is my US visa for Japanese Valid?
The visa is valid for 730 days after it is issued and is valid for multiple entries during that time.
Please feel free to review other common questions about the process on the application website here, and take advantage of our 24 hour phone or chat service available via the website. We look forward to helping you with your American Adventure.
Apply for a United States Visa
United States Articles
- America secrets and how to apply visa online
- U.S. Visa for Australians
- USA ETA Frequently Asked Questions
- US Visa for British (UK Citizens)
- US Visa for French Citizens
- US Visa for Germans
- US Visa for Hungarians
- US Visa for Irish
- US Visa for Lithuanians
- US Visa for Malaysians
- US visa for Japanese
- US visa for Singaporeans
- US visa for Taiwanese
- United States visa for Andorrans
- United States visa for Austrian
- United States visa for Belgians
- United States visa for Bruneian
- United States visa for Chileans
- United States visa for Czech
- United States visa for Danish
- United States visa for Dutch
- United States visa for Estonians
- United States visa for Finns
- United States visa for Greek
- United States visa for Icelanders
- United States visa for Italian
- United States visa for Latvians
- United States visa for Liechtensteiner
- United States visa for Luxembourgers
- United States visa for Maltese
- United States visa for Monacan
- United States visa for New Zealanders
- United States visa for Norwegian
- United States visa for Portuguese
- United States visa for Sammarinese
- United States visa for Slovak
- United States visa for Slovenian
- United States visa for South Korean
- United States visa for Spaniards
- United States visa for Swedish
- United States visa for Swiss
- United States visa for Taiwanese