What is the V Visa?
The V Visa is under the Legal Immigration Family Equity Act or commonly known as the LIFE Act. The purpose was to reunite spouses and children of US lawful permanent residents. In case these families had been apart for a long period, the V Visa gave them an alternative to wait for the completion of the immigration process in the United States. In other words, they didn’t need to wait until approval to travel to the US.
Do you want to know more? Check more information about the V Visa | Nonimmigrant Family Visa in the next lines.
Who can apply for the V Visa?
The V Visa is available for spouses and children under 21 years old of a US lawful permanent resident. In this case, the spouse or child must have this criterion:
- The petitioner must have filed Form I-130 with the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on behalf of the spouse or children before December 21, 2000.
- The priority date of the petition should be at least three years old.
- The priority date can’t be current.
- Applicants shouldn’t have had an interview or have scheduled one.
- The petition shouldn’t be at the US embassy or consulate for immigration processing.
- The applicant must meet the requirements to be considered an immigrant.
The US immigration services haven’t issued the V Visa | Nonimmigrant Family Visa for the past several years. Most applicants had current priority dates and they could apply under a regular procedure. Still, check more details of this type of visa.
How much does it cost to apply for the V Visa?
In case you’re eligible for the V visa, you will need to go through the regular consular process. As this visa isn’t commonly issued, you will need to check with US immigration services the current costs for the process.
Check more about the V Visa | Nonimmigrant Family Visa with us.
How long does it take to process my V Visa?
It will depend on your current status and whether you’re in the United States or not. If you’re outside the US, you need to go through consular processing, which entails approaching a US embassy or consulate for an interview. Scheduling an interview could take you a while, as there could be several applicants waiting for the procedure. Confirm with US immigration services the current waiting periods.
Let iVisa.com help you with the details about the V Visa | Nonimmigrant Family Visa.
Can I apply for a V Visa online?
In case you go through the usual consular processing, you will need to complete some forms online. Still, you need to attend an interview at the nearest consulate or embassy. In this case, you need to attend the interview in person. There isn’t an alternative to do it online.
iVisa.com is an expert with online visas. Check all the details we have about the V Visa | Nonimmigrant Family Visa.
How do I submit my E2 Visa?
- Check you’re eligible for the V Visa and see if your priority date complies with the details explained.
- Get in touch with the US embassy or consulate to start the process and schedule your interview.
- Gather all the documentation and pay the fees.
- Receive an answer about your V visa.
iVisa.com is here to help you with all your immigration needs!
- Valid passport. Your passport should be valid for at least 6 months.
- Form I-130. Petition for Alien Relative, The document must be dated before December 21, 2000.
- Application fee payment receipt.
- Supporting documents. Consular officers could demand some documents before your interview.
Remember that iVisa.com has all the information about the V Visa | Nonimmigrant Family Visa.
Tips for filling out the V Visa forms
- Use black ink. We recommend completing any forms online and then printing them. Still, if you fill them out physically, you should use black ink.
- Double-check your application a few times before submitting it. If you make any mistakes, the process could take longer than expected.
- Any supporting documents that accompany the application must have English translations in case the originals are in a foreign language.
Continue checking all about the V Visa | Nonimmigrant Family Visa.
How does apply with iVisa.com work?
iVisa.com has simplified all the processes you need to undertake. Check the advantages to take our services.
- Online applications with easy language. We know technical words are hard. For this reason, we only use simple wording for our applications.
- Experts checking your documents. Having an extra set of eyes checking your details will help you assure an error-free application.
- 100% government complaint photos. Do you need a visa photo? We know all about photo requirements. Take a selfie, and you will be ready!
- Advice throughout your journey. We can guide you through the process, and we’re available for any questions along the way.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a priority date, and how relevant is it for the V Visa?
The priority date determines a person’s turn to apply for an immigrant visa. For family immigration, like the V Visa, it refers to the date when the application was sent to the US embassy or consulate.
For the V Visa, your priority date must be three years old. As this is a long period, the US immigration services aren’t issuing this type of visa as most applications aren’t waiting that long.
We recommend checking the Visa Bulletin of the US immigration website as it contains more details about priority dates.
Read more about the V Visa | Nonimmigrant Family Visa with iVisa.com.
Can I trust iVisa.com?
Of course! We do our own research about US Visas, so you don’t need to look any further. We know what you need for your immigration dream, and we’re ready to help you get that desired Green Card.
iVisa.com can help you along the way with an effortless process.
I have some doubts. Who can I contact?
Connect with our support agents, who are available day and night to answer all your questions about the V Visa | Nonimmigrant Family Visa.
iVisa.com is the best platform to help you with any online visa you need. The American dream is so close!