We are improving our B1/B2 application process to make sure it is up to date with current US visa policy. We will make this product available again soon. In the mean time, below you will find useful information to keep in mind for your US visa application.
Are you planning a business trip to the US anytime soon? You may need a visa to cross its borders. That, of course, if you are not visa exempt or if you are not from a Visa Waiver Program country, in which case all you need is an ESTA if you travel by air. In all the other cases, you need to apply for a B1 visa. It allows you to go to the US for the following purposes:
- You want to negotiate a contract with a US company
- Participate in meetings with US business associates
- You wish to settle an estate
- You want to participate or attend conferences related to education, your profession, or your business
Just to be clear, a B1 visa does not allow you to open a business in the US.
How to obtain a B1 visa
You cannot get a B1 visa online, but what you can do is fill in the DS-160 online. It is an application form that allows you to take the next step for getting the B1 visa, and that is to attend the interview. iVisa will soon be able to help you facilitate the process. What you will need is the application form confirmation page. You must have it before your interview.
To get the confirmation page, you do not need much. iVisa will ask only for the following:
- Valid passport – every person who wishes to apply for a B1 visa is required to hold a passport that is valid for at least another 6 months from the intended date of departure FROM the US.
- Photo – along with the application form, you need to upload a photograph of yourself. It needs to be as recent as possible and follow all the other photo requirements.
- E-mail address – once you submit the application, we will process it and send you the application form confirmation page via e-mail. You will have to print it out before you go to your interview.
- Means of payment – you will have to pay the fee for the B1 visa. In some cases, that is payable after the application form is completed but before the interview. It depends on nationality. Of course, service fees apply. iVisa will accept credit or debit cards, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat will also be considered valid methods of payment.
Once you have all of the above, you can go on an fill in the application. The form will be easy enough, but keep in mind that iVisa’s customer support will be reachable 24/7 if you feel like you need some help.
The form will have three steps. The first one will ask for your personal information, passport information, and a few details about your trip. This will be the moment when you must choose a processing time as well. Your choice will determine the cost of your confirmation. iVisa will give you three options: Standard, Rush, and Super Rush. We still have some details to put in place, which is why we cannot disclose the fees yet. What you need to know is that iVisa’s fees are always affordable.
The second step of the form will consist of payment and revision. You will have to read your application carefully before moving on because a single typo can render your document invalid. The third step will be the moment in which you must upload supporting documents. For example, you will have to upload the photo we mentioned above. When you are done with the steps, all that will be left for you to do is submit the application. iVisa will handle the rest.
iVisa is still working on creating an accessible and convenient application process so that you can get your confirmation page and your B1 visa as smoothly and as fast as possible. Follow our website for new information.