We are improving our B1/B2 application process to make sure it is up to date with current US visa policy. We will make this product available again soon. In the mean time, below you will find useful information to keep in mind for your US visa application.
A B2 visa is a document that allows its holder to enter the United States for pleasure. Of course, if your country of origin is in the Visa Waiver Program, you can travel to the US and stay there without a visa for no more than 90 days. Check out iVisa’s Visa Checker to see if that is the case. If not, you need to apply for a visa. In order to qualify for a B2 visa, you need to travel to the US only for the following purposes:
- Spend your vacation in the US
- Take a tour of the US
- Visit your friends or relatives
- You want to attend social events
- You want to receive medical treatment
- Take part in events or contests related to sports or music, but you do not receive payment for it
- Take courses, but not for credit (for instance, woodworking classes)
How to obtain a B2 visa
While you cannot get a B2 visa online, there is one step that is available online. And that is the application form DS-160. iVisa will soon be able to help with that, and as soon as the form goes live, we will be able to help you get the application form confirmation in as little time as possible.
What you will need to do first is put together a list of required document and information so that we can get the process started. Here is what you will need:
- Valid passport – every person who wishes to apply for a B2 visa is required to hold a passport that is valid for at least another 6 months from the intended date of departure FROM the US.
- Photo – along with the application form, you need to upload a photograph of yourself. It needs to be as recent as possible and follow all the other photo requirements.
- E-mail address – once you submit the application, we will process it and send you the application form confirmation page via e-mail. You will have to print it out before you go to your interview.
- Means of payment – you will have to pay the fee for the B2 visa. In some cases, that is payable after the application form is completed but before the interview. It depends on nationality. Of course, service fees apply. iVisa will accept credit or debit cards, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat will also be considered valid methods of payment.
After you realize that you have everything you need, you will be able to fill in the application. It is a basic form that should not present any challenges. Nevertheless, iVisa’s customer support will be at your disposal 24/7 and free of charge.
The application form in question will contain three steps. The first one will ask general information about yourself and your travel details. It will also be the moment when you must select a processing time for your application. You just need to remember that the sooner you want your confirmation page, the more you will be charged. Since the visa is not yet live, we do not have details about the fees, but we can assure that iVisa practices reasonable fees.
The second step will ask you to make the payment and revise your form. There should be no mistakes because that will render your confirmation page invalid. Read your form carefully before moving on.
The third and last step will be the moment when you are asked to upload the supporting documents. For instance, this is the step in which you must upload the photo. As soon as that is done, you can submit your form, and iVisa will send you the application form confirmation page in the timeframe of your choice.
The bottom line is that the B2 visa will allow you to travel to the US for pleasure or medical treatments. The form can be filled in online, and soon, iVisa will help you facilitate the process.