Please note that as of June 2022 the CDC no longer requires travelers to present a negative COVID-19 test or documentation of recovery from COVID pre arrival to the US
If you are planning to travel to the US, you need to go through a US Tourist visa application process. The rule does not apply to those who come from visa-exempt countries or states that are in the Visa Waiver Program. To learn if you belong to one of the two categories, feel free to use iVisa’s Visa Checker.
A US tourist visa is also called a B2 visa. This type covers the pleasure purposes of a trip to the US. With the B2 visa, you can go to the United States for the following reasons:
- Spend your vacation in the US
- Take a tour of the US
- Visit your friends or relatives
- You want to attend social events
- You want to receive medical treatment
- Take part in events or contests related to sports or music, but you do not receive payment for it
- Take courses, but not for credit (for instance, woodworking classes)
What is the US tourist visa application process?
What you need to know from the start is that you cannot get a US tourist visa online. Not entirely, anyway. However, there is one thing that the internet can help you with. One of the required documents for the US tourist visa process is the application form. It is also known as a DS-160, and you can fill it in online. iVisa will soon be able to help you with that. With the confirmation you receive, you will be able to schedule an interview and get the visa itself.
The first thing you need to do is to make sure that you have all the documents necessary for the application form confirmation. Here is what you will need:
- Valid passport – every person who wishes to apply for a B2 visa is required to hold a passport that is valid for at least another 6 months from the intended date of departure FROM the US.
- Photo – along with the application form, you need to upload a photograph of yourself. It needs to be as recent as possible and follow all the other photo requirements.
- E-mail address – once you submit the application, we will process it and send you the application form confirmation page via e-mail. You will have to print it out before you go to your interview.
- Means of payment – you will have to pay the fee for the B2 visa. In some cases, that is payable after the application form is completed but before the interview. It depends on nationality. Of course, service fees apply. iVisa will accept credit or debit cards, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat will also be considered valid methods of payment.
After you put together all of the above, you will be able to proceed and fill in the application. iVisa will provide a simple form so that you do not waste too much time on it. However, our customer support service will be at your disposal night and day if you need help.
The form will consist of three simple steps. The first one will ask for general information about yourself and your trip. It will also require you to select a processing time for your application. Your choice will determine the cost of your visa. We cannot disclose the fees yet.
The second step will expect you to cover the payment and revise your application so that there are no mistakes involved, while the third will want you to upload the supporting document of your application. As soon as you are done, you will be able to submit the form, and iVisa will take it from there.
Hopefully, you find the US Tourist visa application process simple for now. As soon as we get things going on iVisa, you will be able to experience it first hand and see for yourself how easy it is.