Please note that as of June 2022 the CDC no longer requires travelers to present a negative COVID-19 test or documentation of recovery from COVID pre arrival to the US
If you are planning to go on vacation in the United States, you need to see what type of document you need to get there. There are very few visa-exempt nationalities. They are five, to be precise. While most nationalities need a visa to cross the US borders, some of them only require a USA ESTA to visit the States. We are talking about the people who travel to the US by air or by sea under the Visa Waiver Program.
To find out if your country is in the VWP as well, all you have to do is use iVisa.com Visa Checker. You can find the tool on the homepage. The information you need is just a few clicks away. Access the tool and follow the steps. If you are eligible for a US ESTA, you can apply on the spot. If not, all we can do is giving you a list of the nearest US embassies.
How to apply for a USA ESTA when I visit the United States
iVisa.com takes pride in its online application process. That is because we created a short and simple process so that you do not spend more than 20 minutes. Your effort is minimal but before you fill in the application form, we recommend that you gather everything you need so that the process runs smoother. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – you must hold a valid electronic passport with a digital chip that contains your bio-metric info. At the same time, the passport needs to be valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in the United States.
- E-mail address– the US ESTA arrives via e-mail, which is why you must have a valid e-mail address to which you have access. Once iVisa.com sends you the ESTA, do not forget to print out at least one physical copy of the document.
- Means of payment – the payment must be made during the online application process, which is why you must have a method of online payment. iVisa.com accepts credit and debit cards, but you can also use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat; whichever you find most convenient.
After you put together all the items above, feel free to fill in the application form. If you have questions regarding the process or if you find some parts to be difficult, iVisa.com puts at your disposal a fantastic support service that is available 24/7 and free of charge.
You must go through three steps. Step number one is all about general information. You must give your name, e-mail, address, date of birth, and so on. We also ask for some travel details, such as departure date, and passport information. At the same time, you must select a processing time for your application, but keep in mind that your choice determines the cost of your US ESTA. You have three options at hand:
- Standard processing time – This is the slowest option. Your application is processed within 2 days from submission, and you will be charged just $29.
- Rush processing time – if you are looking to get your [US ESTA](/united-states/esta sooner than 48 hours, the Rush option guarantees that you have your document in 12 hours. The cost this time is $59.
- Super Rush processing time – since this is the fastest option you have at hand, it is the most expensive as well. You will be charged $79, but you can have your ESTA in as little as 6 hours.
Step number two only ask you make the payment and revise step one. The revision is more important than you think because errors can lead to an invalid ESTA. You must check your form for mistakes before moving on.
Lastly, step number three is when you must upload the documents that support your application. When all that is done, you can hit the submit button. That is all you have to do. We will take care of the rest.
The bottom line is that if you want to visit the United States, you may be able to get a USA ESTA. It all depends on your nationality. However, we are here to help you go through the application process if you do qualify for it.